Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
OSB

Talking Hello Folks!

My young family and I appear to be on the brink of obtaining our first camper! My wife and I are in our mid 30s, and our 3 children are ages 7, 5, and 3. We love to camp and have been doing lots of it in tents. Now that our youngest is a bit older, we'd like to expand our range and explore our beautiful country.

Our best friends have a 2005 KZ Frontier that they have outgrown. They have 4 kids (and 2 BIG dogs) and they are looking for a larger camper. There is a very good chance that we will be purchasing their 05 KZ Frontier.

Being good friends of ours they indicated they'd only feel comfortable selling their KZ Frontier to us if they do a little maintenance: re-seal the roof and awning, steam clean interior upholstery and detail the interior. Full system check, full water/tank system flush, new tyres and brakes, and a coat of paint on the now-rusting bumpers (we live along the Pacific Coast).

If the dealer won't give our friends what they owe on it, then they'll fix it up and sell it to us. If the dealer will give our friends what they owe on it, I'll likely pay for the maintenance and repairs and take it off their hands anyway. The estimate for the maintenance/repairs combined with what he owes on it would still make for a solid bargain, and we'd be buying from folks we love and trust, and will be going camping with a lot.

So there it is. Hopefully we'll know in the next day or two if we'll be moving up to a KZ Frontier or sticking with tents for a while longer.

Cheers!
OSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome OSB to the iRV2 forum.

I hope your friends get what they want and your family gets what they want....two happy families camping together.

Don't be a stranger to the froum.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #3
OSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkhartjim View Post
two happy families camping together.
We camp together regularly, and always manage to have a great time. No better place to be than the beautiful outdoors! Between our two families we have 7 kids ages 7 and under, so going anywhere is always an adventure.

I'm eagerly awaiting news on the KZ Frontier.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
OSB

I am so very excited! A week from tomorrow our Frontier should be ready for us. I've ordered Visiocorp TTT Towing Mirrors to slap on the Suburban, and up next is a brake controller. The camper comes with a trailer stabilizer system so that is a very nice addition as well.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:08 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome, OSB and company. Buying an rv will be the best decision you have ever made. I bought my first rv in 1974 and have never looked back. We have travelled to 40 states, some of them several times and to Canada and Mexico twice. welcome to irv2
Old 05-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome! You guys will love it and you'll find this forum to be very valuable as you learn the many things you'll need to know to make your travels go as planned.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kz-rv