Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2007, 06:46 AM   #1

Hi everyone! I am not really a newbie to the camping life, but it has been years since we sold our last travel trailer, and we just bought a new one last Thursday. Now that we have it sitting in our driveway, I am very anxious to get out there for our first trip.

I have been married to a fantastic guy, Dan, for 22+ years, and we have one son who is in the US Army and stationed in Fairbanks, AK. Our other "kids" are: Toby, Yorki-Poo, almost 8 years old, and Molly, kitty, just over 6 months. Both of our "kids" will be going camping with us once we get started again. Does anyone else out there travel with a cat?

Is there anyone else out there from Central Florida? No one we know currently goes camping, so we would love to meet new friends so we could all go camping and travel together.
SavySheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2007, 06:46 AM   #2

Hi everyone! I am not really a newbie to the camping life, but it has been years since we sold our last travel trailer, and we just bought a new one last Thursday. Now that we have it sitting in our driveway, I am very anxious to get out there for our first trip.

I have been married to a fantastic guy, Dan, for 22+ years, and we have one son who is in the US Army and stationed in Fairbanks, AK. Our other "kids" are: Toby, Yorki-Poo, almost 8 years old, and Molly, kitty, just over 6 months. Both of our "kids" will be going camping with us once we get started again. Does anyone else out there travel with a cat?

Is there anyone else out there from Central Florida? No one we know currently goes camping, so we would love to meet new friends so we could all go camping and travel together.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:08 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
SavySheri...
Congrats on your new Trailer and welcome to the iRV2 forum! I am glad you found the best RV forum on the web. You will find a friendly and knowledgable group of RV owners here that will be willing to help with any problems or questions you may have.
You will also find some cat owners at this forum..
I am sure you will find some new RV camping buddies here also if you check out this regional group.Again...welcome to iRV2!!! Enjoy...vist & post often!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:01 AM   #4

Welcome to IRV2 and a special welcome from the Florida Cooters. We are a camping group in the central Florida area and are always ready to meet and greet new camping family. Be sure to check out our website here on the forum.

2004 Infinity 36A
Kissimmee Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #5

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
SaviSheri,

Welcome back to RVing. Like Rick and Cheryl said, we almost always have something scheduled. Next up is the New Year's rally followed by the Tampa Supershow (you can buy stuff for the new rig!!). Check out some of our previous rally threads. Some have pictures, but don't let those scare you off .
Old 12-20-2007, 03:42 AM   #6

SavySheri, Welcome to the IRV2 website, and congratulations on getting your new rv.....Enjoy! Ed.S
Old 12-20-2007, 03:33 PM   #7

Welcome to IRV2 and hope to see you at one of our gatherings in the near future.
Tom & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:13 AM   #8

Hey there Dave & Jo Ann, and Rick & Cheryl. I went and checked out the website (I think), and see that you have something going on around New Year's Eve. Can you please tell me what is happening with you all, where and when are you going there - where will you be?, and how much this costs? It is hard to decipher so many messages. I know we would love to get out there and meet some folks who enjoy camping!

Thanks,
Sheri aka Savy Sheri
Old 12-21-2007, 08:07 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome SavySheri to irv2.
Here is the Florida Cooters New Years camping thread. Many of irv2 members are in Florida now enjoying all that sunshine.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #10

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
New Years rally.
Upriver RV Resort http://www.upriver.com/index.html in North Fort Myers. 1-800-8481652 ask for Carol and mention the Florida Boomers.
$41.40 per night.
Any where from 12/26 to 1/3. All should be there 12/30 to 1/1.

Hope this helps.

Jim
Jim&MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:00 PM   #11

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
SaviSheri,

Upcoming rallies are generally highlighted and kept at the top of the list of threads. Further, we try to keep the pertinent info about the rally updated on the first post for each thread. 007 and Jim & MJ have given you the info for New Years. After that is the Supershow in mid Jan.

Once the holidays are out of the way, some of us will start to gear up for the Cooterfest in SC and possibly the iRV2 national rally in TX in July (no thread yet for the national).
Old 12-22-2007, 06:51 AM   #12
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi all,

Hey SavySheri, best of luck with the new travel trailer, and getting back into camping!

Hey Half Dimes, do you know of anything planed yet for between the Tampa Show and Cooterfest in SC?? I talked with Hitchhiker and I am going to try and meet up with him for the Tampa show! I am at Ocala Fl. Jan 17th. to Feb 17th. so I will just drive to Tampa in my toad! I am then going down to Sunrise Fl. from Feb 17th. to March 2nd. After that I am going to wander and see where I end up! Ahhhh this retirement thing is great!!
Old 12-22-2007, 09:16 AM   #13

Welcome SaviSheri and family,
We're Florida Boomer Cooters, too, and are really hoping you will join us soon. Hoping, of course, that would be the New Years rally in Ft. Myers. People do travel with cats, dogs, birds, turtles, who knows what else? I don't think most campgrounds approve of letting any animals roam without a leash, and I have seen several cats on leashes. Since yours is still a kitten, maybe Santa can bring it a leash for Christmas?

To everyone: Larry has put up his photos from the December rally. I haven't gotten around to mine yet, nor has anyone sent me theirs. Come on, guys, I saw lots of cameras popping that weekend.

Daisy, the Bichon/poodle 2006 Allegro Bus 40QDP/2003 Jeep Liberty
Lady Nyrtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:26 AM   #14

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AL:
Hi all,
Hey Half Dimes, do you know of anything planed yet for between the Tampa Show and Cooterfest in SC?? I talked with Hitchhiker and I am going to try and meet up with him for the Tampa show! I am at Ocala Fl. Jan 17th. to Feb 17th. so I will just drive to Tampa in my toad! I am then going down to Sunrise Fl. from Feb 17th. to March 2nd. After that I am going to wander and see where I end up! Ahhhh this retirement thing is great!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Al,
Check this thread: Supershow. Some of us are camping at Hillsborough River State Park for a few nights. We will be at the Supershow on Friday the 18th. Others who are arriving earlier may go on Thursday. Hope to see you there!

Also check out the Cooterfest thread on the Florida Cooters forum. I expect there will be more activity on that trip after the holidays. Jo Ann and I are hoping to make that one and possibly go on to NJ after that. Snow should be melted by then, shouldn't it?