Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Hello from Cleveland

We are waiting for our Four Winds sprinter chassis Rv to be delivered and can hardly wait! We have looked at MHs for years but were always intimidated. When we saw this 24 footer, in the words of Goldilocks, it seemed "just right"... We have never had an RV before, of any type so every trip, for a while at least, is going to be an adventure for us. We'd love to hear from any of you that have had experiences (good or bad) with the sprinter chassis motorhome or if you have any hints about RVing in general....Thanks for your help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2009, 03:29 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
blynne, welcome to our website and forums. We are glad to have you join us here. Congratulations on your new motorhome and the RVing lifestyle. I am sure you will have lots of questions and we will be happy to help you find answers and enjoyment. Take care and post often.

06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
blynne,

Yes, welcome to iRV2 . I'm sorta the "unofficial" welcome person for those from OH & I must apologize for shirking my responsibilities. I was busy with the Rally this past week & didn't much monitor the rest of the Forums.

Please check out the North Central & Pond Piggie Forums here. We've got a group of us from C/NE OH & W PA that rv together often during the season. A lot of our camping is in NE OH & W/C PA - very close to you. We post our campouts in those Forums. We'd be glad to have you join us. Also, if you're out somewhere, let us know where you'll be - one or more of us could join up w/you.

Hope to see you down the road.

Lori-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad to have you here on iRV2. Check out the camping groups in your area and see who is camping and where.

Ken
Old 06-22-2009, 07:34 PM   #5

Pond Piggies Club
welcome to iRV2. A great place for info & a bunch of great people here also!
Wingnut57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #6

Welcome. to
irv2
I am also a new member, and I live in your neck of the woods just about 70 miles west of you along the lake. I have been camping for over 35 years now had about every kind of camper you can imagine. I don't know every thing but I do know some things. so if you every need any help I will do my best to help you out. just shout and again Welcome. Willie and Freda.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcombs34 View Post
Welcome. to
irv2
I am also a new member, and I live in your neck of the woods just about 70 miles west of you along the lake. I have been camping for over 35 years now had about every kind of camper you can imagine. I don't know every thing but I do know some things. so if you every need any help I will do my best to help you out. just shout and again Welcome. Willie and Freda.
Thanks for the welcome. It's reassuring to see how many helpful people are out there to help us as we set off down the road! Bill and I and our dog Shadow are so looking forward to our maiden voyage....any suggestions for a good destination for our first weekend RV trip away from Cleveland?
Old 06-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
blynne,

If ya give us an idea of how far away from Cleve you wanna get (1hr, 2hr, 3hr...etc., in OH, neighboring states...etc.), there's a bunch of us who can let you know places to go. Many in our own home state?
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
Old 06-29-2009, 07:12 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Question Suggestions wanted!

Lori,
I would love to hear other member's favorite places to go, 1-4 hours away from Cleveland, either here in Ohio or in our neighboring states! We especially like destinations where we can "see" or do something (factory tours, beautiful foliage, etc) and then have some quiet, relaxing time. But, till the dog gets used to being alone in the RV, we probably won't do many sight-seeing trips so any suggestions for nice campgrounds (that allow dogs) would be much appreciated......Hmmm, I would also appreciate any tips on traveling with animals...what works, and what doesn't!

Thanks all!
Old 06-29-2009, 07:26 AM   #10

Welcome from a newbie to this group also. I'm a former Clevelander, from an eastern suburb with a lovely wife from Ashtabula. Ohio has some very nice parks that would make a great week-end get-away. The Amish country in PA, near Lancaster is also quite nice.
The Skyline Drive is also a nice weekender, and there are a number of parks along the way in which to stay. Continue on to the Blue Ridge Parkway for more beauty, especially in the fall.
We also travel with a dog, a Portuguese Water Dog, and we crate him when we aren't in the coach and when needed leave the AC running. We usually don't stay gone more than a couple of hours. We used to travel with three of them, but lost 2 in the last couple years.
Hope that you have many enjoyable trips marveling at this beautiful country of ours.

Doc Mike (former HM1/USN)
Itasca Spirit
Honda CRV w/Roadmaster Falcon2 and M&G Brake
Old 06-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #11

Hey Sis,
Welcome to the forums.....There is a great wealth of info here.....Enjoy
See ya soon (can I park the bus in your drive?)
Old 06-29-2009, 11:31 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Hmmmm....

We'll measure tomorrow!...;-) Actually, we thought if you showed up in Cleveland after we get OUR RV, it would be fun for you to live in your (old) house for the weekend while we go elsewhere...enjoy the deck, cook out....whatever!....and if Aruba has an accident...well, she wouldn't be the first....
Old 06-30-2009, 12:10 AM   #13
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
blynne,

I'll give you a start with some of my favorites. You can also get more ideas from the campgrounds I reviewed in iRV2's Campgrounds section (look for ones in OH/PA/WV with my username).

Mohican State Park/OH. The canoeing capital of OH. Hike the state park trails to Lyons falls & covered bridge. Check out the view from the fire tower (can see 5 counties on a clear day) or the gorge. Take a day or half day trip to Malabar Farm (home of writer Louis Bromfield & where Bogey & Bacall were married).
East Harbor State Park/OH. Great CG on Lake Erie. Hang out on the beach or take a day trip to Put-in-Bay. Rent a golf cart or bikes to get around - be sure to go to the Perry Victory and International Peace Monument.
Hocking Hills State Park/OH. Beautiful any time of year, but especially in the fall. Walk the trails to Ash Cave, Old Man's Cave, Cedar Falls...etc. Many trails are dog friendly.
Salt Fork State Park/OH. Not as crowded as Hocking Hills in the fall, yet just as pretty. Visit Roscoe Village in Coshocton (about an hour away) - a restored canal town.
Briar Point Campground at Stonewall Jackson Lake State Park/WV. This is, most definitely, a scenery campground. Best in the fall, but beautiful any time, really. There isn't a bad site in the entire campground. Most all have views of the water. Top notch facilities at the lodge, plenty of places to bike/hike, paddle boats to rent...etc. Extremely difficult to get in, but, well worth the drive.
Evergreen Park RV Resort/OH. This is where we just had our iRV2 National Rally. Fantastic campground in on the east edge of OH Amish country - so much to see & do in the area. This park is dog friendly as they have a dog wash there!
Whispering Hills RV Park/OH. Another great campground in OH Amish Country.
Lock30 Woodlands/OH. Unique campground since no one camps behind you or in front of you. All sites are in a loop around central ammenities, many are VERY deep. I like that this campground is located in pines - even though they do drip on your rv.
Natural Springs Resort/OH. Nice campground that has a pool made from a former quarry. You're so close to Richmond, IN you have to go to Tom Raper RV (largest RV dealer in the midwest...or so his commercials claim) - free hot dogs & pop while you shop.
Cedarbrook Campground/OH. Obviously, close to Kings Island, but I prefer to go to this campground because it's a fhu campground close to both Cowan Lake and Caesar Creek State Parks (which don't have fhu).

I've got so many more, it'd take me hours to list them. I'm sure others will pipe in & give you more to choose from.

Lori-