Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Glad to have you become part of a great group!!

Welcome !! We will be at the RV show on Wed. and at the Rally in Sept. We joined back in 2001 and have gained so much information anf help with issues. Any question you have will result in many ideas.
Newmar 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
After you've looked at 30 or 40 coaches, I can almost guarantee you'll have forgotten what the first 5 looked like. You won't even remember what color they were? Make sure you take a camera with fully charged batteries, and document anything you find interesting - including it's location! If you're a serious buyer, you'll thank yourself big time later....
is right

you well find one that stands out and you cant forget it and find your self adding up every thing else to it

side note there is only one way in to this place so
we all like nice toys but if you pass every thing at the front door under the roof and walk out side to the back of the show you well find where to start more better off there

most of every thing we would never have the money to pay for is setting there at the door walking in and you dont want that feeling of every thing else being trash after looking at the 30000000000 $ RVs and it well save you 45mins or more to look at what you really want

LOL your not there for a 747 jumbo jet any ways LOL i hope

its a good show you well like it and dont pass it up
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #17

In 2 years we just looked at FT RVs and never stop all day. Walked in many units and everyone was not quite ours.
That's when you know you are or done the right choice.
Take time to examine the structure. I was the only one opening storage doors and if locked i just walked away without going inside.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
We will be there, too! How will I recognize you? LOL
donnariley53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:23 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
I am sure you'll enjoy "The Big Show". DW won't let me go, she knows I'll try to negotiate on the 2014 45N AC Eagle.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:16 AM   #20

Thanks for all of the welcomes.

Right now we're in a decision mode as to which way to go. At first my wife fell in love with the toy haulers and we thought we'd be on a 2 year time countdown to go RV'ing full time. Now as luck would have it, she's decided she wants to go smaller and get out there sooner while we're still working and "ease into it".
As a former class A owner I'm somewhat familiar with RV'ing but she's not (2nd marriage). But she's chomping at the bit to get going.
The big thing now is what comes first…the Chicken (the truck) or the egg (the RV) ? So we keep going back and forth on which camper and size to go with. Doing a lot of reading and checking on line. Gas or Diesel, larger or smaller..decisions, decisions.
We're headed out to the show this morning, and by the way, sorry about the cold snap for all of you that may have thought this was going to be a warm week, and see if we can come to a consensus.
Would love to meet some of you at the show, as it would probably give her a much better feel as to what to expect and what to look for. Because I'm "semi-retired" I'd sell the house tomorrow and head out on the road next week !
Hope those of you that are at the show enjoy it.

Bob
Old 01-15-2014, 05:55 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
welcome from florida also near cape coral. good luck on search, best is get a price from one company an compare to another, have them battle it out for your buisness.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:38 AM   #22

You need to make sure you have enough truck to pull your trailer. We decided on the trailer & then the truck.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:38 PM   #23

Welcome and enjoy the dizzyiness I mean I hope you enjoyed the RV show. It's easy buy the biggest truck and you won't have a problem So hows the choice coming along?
Old 01-18-2014, 03:39 AM   #24

Update on Florida Show

Well, to say we looked at a few RV's would definitely be an understatement. Wednesday we set out to the Fairgrounds about 10:30 AM. (It's about 2 miles from my home). Got there and stood in a line of about 250 people at just the gate after parking. We only looked at the 5th wheels, toy haulers, and Travel trailers, as those are the ones we're leaning towards.

OMG…we spent 5 1/2 hours, must have walked 3 or 4 miles miles, and still only saw about half of the show. Dragged ourselves back to the parking lot, went home and collapsed (for a nap) for 2 hours ! We're going back today or tomorrow to see the rest of the companies. There are just soooooo many choices. It seemed like there were 100,000 people there. I'm sure they'll break their attendance record this year.

Many of the sales people we spoke to, and there was no pressure, stated that we should decide on the unit first and then buy the truck. Because we're thinking we eventually want to end up with a 5th wheel/toy hauler, I'm in agreement with OrngTrillium….. just buy the biggest truck. That way you know it'll haul something smaller to start and you don't have to go through another trade cycle if and when you go bigger. And most people do end up going bigger. Just my thoughts.

Tags
florida