Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2011, 11:08 PM   #1

Smile Hello, From Fort St.John BC Canada

Hi, I am glad to find a site that we can share our opinions and experiences
through MH as I just bought 95 Coachmen Santara.
I am still working here and planning to go to Alaska as I moved from Vancouver to Alaska high way running a motel and met many travelers to
Alaska. am going to get it next week at the border.
But now I wonder if I have to have leveling jack to start with as this MH
doesn't have. I searched so many places what to do.
Thanks for meeting online!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bliss, welcome to iRV2. We have a number of folks on here from the frozen north country.

As for leveling jack, we have had one without, the next one had HWH jacks and then we bought a new 31' class C with no levelers.....well that last about 1 trip and we had levelers installed on it as well.

I loved the convenience on being able to level the rig so easily. I would still put large wood pads under each jack.

Ken

Old 03-20-2011, 08:07 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
It's really a personal opinion whether to have jacks or not. When you don't have them, you will need to carry enough large wood blocks to place under all of the wheels depending on where the they are needed to make the coach level. Also remember that in the rear, if you have dual wheels, both wheels need to be supported not just the outer one.

I first had a pop-tent trailer and used blocks, then had two class C's that needed blocks, then a 36 foot Airstream MH that had auto-leveling jacks, and now have a coach with air leveling, no jacks and I absolutely will not have any coach without air leveling. It's a joy to have and use but I have to be careful of the sites I decide to use as the air leveling will only level so much. I do carry some blocks but have not had to use them as yet.

Drove to Alaska and back in 2010, plan to do it again in 2012 and every 2 years after that as my two sons and grand-kids have lived in Alaska for over 20 some years. It's one of the most awesome road trips I have ever taken. In 2010, I drove it from CA up to AK and back. In 2012, I will drive it from Florida to AK and then back to CA.

Stopped at Fort St John BC to do some shopping on our return trip last time, had to stock up the frig, I could not believe how expensive it was for the amount of groceries that we got. I could not afford to live there all year long.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
Welcome from a fellow BCer.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #5

Smile Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
It's really a personal opinion whether to have jacks or not. When you don't have them, you will need to carry enough large wood blocks to place under all of the wheels depending on where the they are needed to make the coach level. Also remember that in the rear, if you have dual wheels, both wheels need to be supported not just the outer one.

I first had a pop-tent trailer and used blocks, then had two class C's that needed blocks, then a 36 foot Airstream MH that had auto-leveling jacks, and now have a coach with air leveling, no jacks and I absolutely will not have any coach without air leveling. It's a joy to have and use but I have to be careful of the sites I decide to use as the air leveling will only level so much. I do carry some blocks but have not had to use them as yet.

Drove to Alaska and back in 2010, plan to do it again in 2012 and every 2 years after that as my two sons and grand-kids have lived in Alaska for over 20 some years. It's one of the most awesome road trips I have ever taken. In 2010, I drove it from CA up to AK and back. In 2012, I will drive it from Florida to AK and then back to CA.

Stopped at Fort St John BC to do some shopping on our return trip last time, had to stock up the frig, I could not believe how expensive it was for the amount of groceries that we got. I could not afford to live there all year long.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
So How much usually cost for air leveling to install for 2 wheels in the rear?
And I should go to RV center?

Sorry to hear FSJ cost of living. This city is a central town for natural gas drilling.I am also having hard time s to charge American travelers relatively
high.
Been here 4 years and waiting for better economy to pick up.
Bless you!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:24 AM   #6
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome

WELCOME to iRV2 from another BCer just off Highway #1. Can't wait to get going. This Winter (too much rain) was just too long. Last year we cut the lawn in February. This year don't know But the cherry trees are blooming and other bushes too.

TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:32 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss View Post

So How much usually cost for air leveling to install for 2 wheels in the rear?

And I should go to RV center?
I don't think that an air leveling package can only be installed on two wheels, don't know. Usually any leveling system will have the ability to level the rig using 3 or four jacks or using all for wheels.

Any of them are relatively expensive and I owuld recommend talking to a RV service center before making any decisions.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:45 AM   #8

I appreciate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
I don't think that an air leveling package can only be installed on two wheels, don't know. Usually any leveling system will have the ability to level the rig using 3 or four jacks or using all for wheels.

Any of them are relatively expensive and I owuld recommend talking to a RV service center before making any decisions.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Thanks for reply.
I should experience more on that rear 4 wheeler and then decide.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
hi bliss
and WELCOME to the forum

we're peter & larry
from vancouver, bc
pdq_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:10 AM   #10

Arrow Going to Vancouver

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdq_bc View Post
hi bliss
and WELCOME to the forum

we're peter & larry
from vancouver, bc
Hi,
I am driving down to Vancouver with my wife on Sunday(3/27), will be near by SFU as our son is there.
I like to look at your motor home if possible 250-263-8508
Thanks