Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #43

Solo Rvers Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to Charliene
Dave,
The two following campgrounds are up and running. Both are crowded right now. Dellanera looks to be the nicer of the two. You back up to the Gulf. The State Park isn't what it once was. There are only a few campsites (15 or so (??)). I understand they are building another State Park, or an add-on to the existing one on the bay side (across the highway). I haven't been out there to have a look-a-see yet. It would be marsh with piers leading around and through the marsh. And possibly a lake or the back bay out there. The Park Ranger could answer those questions for you.

I've provided you a link that lists all the campgrounds. These are the only two I've seen myself and know for sure are back in operation.

Good luck and if I can be of further help, please don't hesitate to ask.

GALVESTON.COM: Galveston, Texas RV Parks

Dellanera RV Park
10901 San Luis Pass Rd.
Phone: (409)797-5102
Dellanera offers 1,000 feet of sandy beach with 63 full RV hook-ups, 21 partial hook-ups and day parking

Galveston Island State Park
14901 FM 3005
Phone: (409)737-1222
Galveston Island State Park, in Galveston County, is in the City of Galveston on the west end of Galveston Island.
Charliene is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #44

Solo Rvers Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Whem2fish

Sorry to hear about your problems! Those tires can do a number on us when they blow out. Glad you caught fish. When did you guys pull out?
Old 08-20-2013, 05:10 AM   #45

Thursday morning during the flood our site number 6 had 4 inches of water
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #46

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by whem2fish View Post
no i went with my X married and divorced 3 times still had a blast with grandkids ended up with 42 trout but bad part happened on way home a inner tire let loos took out floor the exhaught gas tank so im home
, kent ill look into christmas did get a new tire now comes the floor

Dave, what happened with the tire? Oh my gosh!

Glad you had a great time, but what about all that damage? I'm so thankful you all are ok!

Take pictures, what caused the tire to give way? Any ideas? Age, Pressure, road hazard?

Old 08-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #47
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4447Dave View Post
Charliene: I do have a question. I understand there is (or was) 2 campgrounds out on the West Beach both of which took a beating from "ike". Are either or both of those back in full operation? Dave
I'm not Charliene, not as pretty, but all of the RV Parks in and around Galveston are up and running. The State Park is up and running and has electric and water with a dump station. There are at least 30 back-in on the ocean side of the highway. They are split into 3 sections with about 10 or so sites per section. Each has their own cabana with picnic table. Across the highway on the bayou side are two camping sections. One is for tents and the other for RV's with also just electric/water. All sites are operational.

There are many more RV parks within 20-25 or so miles of Galveston

Come on down!

Edited: I just looked at the area with satellite view and there are 30 RV sites on the main (ocean) side and 20 RV sites on the bayou side in a wagon-wheel shape. There are 10 tent sites in wagon-wheel also.

Charliene, you need to get out more! Hee hee!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #48

Did not check the date codes yet I had them 4 years checked air before I left on the way down I stopped in Huntsvile checked the temp rear was 121 front was 118 soon as I get 3 tires ill be back down there
Old 08-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #49

Thank you Charliene and Wayne. I am thinking about going to either Galveston or the Clear Lake area later on this fall. Dave
4447Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #50
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dave,
How long do you intend to spend in the area? Are you looking for a "Winter" spot or even a month or so? If so, I would suggest Green Caye RV Park in Dickinson, TX. I'm not sure if they have changed their rate, but last year it was $470 for a month at a time and that is with Full Hook-up. They have a 9 hole golf course and the small club house sells some fast food items. However it is a good central location to jump off in the TOAD or TV to other spots. About 30 miles from Downtown Houston, 25 to Galveston, 10 to Space Center Houston 5 or 6 to Kemah Boardwalk.

Let us know when you get in the area.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #51

Wayne thanks I go down there 3 times a year I used to stay every time at Tiki toms but had slight issues with the park and management but I found out last week they have new management I'm shooting for the end of September for the next trip I work on jet engines every coast guard chopper you see I have touched
Old 08-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #52

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am planning a trip to the Gulf (I want to be right on/near the beach) near Padre or Corpus in the early part of next year and am looking so so forward to that!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:00 PM   #53

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Wayne thanks I go down there 3 times a year I used to stay every time at Tiki toms but had slight issues with the park and management but I found out last week they have new management I'm shooting for the end of September for the next trip I work on jet engines every coast guard chopper you see I have touched
Dave is a great mechanic too. He knows his stuff!

Old 08-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #54
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Ah! Are you still allowed on military installations? Even if you are not there are lots of fishing spots around. Come on down in November and I'll "almost" guarantee your limit of flounder, 2 a day in November.

There is another park that opened a year and a little more ago. it is Louie's Bait Camp and it is just before you go into Bayou Vista. It is actually located in the township of Hickock but really on the outer edge of the limits. Rather close together sites but a fishing pier running the perifery of the back row along the channel to the bayou. You could open a window and throw a line.

We will be back in town by then and maybe we can get an eyeball meeting. Just say fishing to DW and she'll go.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #55

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just did some distance checking...Galveston is a much better drive from me than Corpus.

I guess the beaches in Corpus/Padre are a lot bigger or are they about the same?
Old 08-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #56

Solo Rvers Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Wayne

U R correct I do need to get out more and I'm trying to do that.
:
I just want to thank u for showing me the proper way to answer a request for information. I have studied your example and will try to follow it. After all, my aim is to B helpful. Thank u.

Using my iPad. Hope all text comes across in the correct form. Still learning about mr iPhone too. I've missed out on a lot of things the three months of hospital after 4 heart attacks. Recovering a year but doing great. Will B up & running 100 percent soon.

Ur correct! I am prettier than u!
Please give ur DW a MSG for me. I'd love to go floundering with her!

Hugs

« Hello all | Hello! »