Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #71

I'm planing to buy you dinner but I say fishermans I'm sure you know where I'm single I see my X every day but the trip chost me $1200 us her $100 I'm done

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #72
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I wasn't to impressed with Eagle Point, but it does have a lot of fishing around it.

Eagle Point Fish Camp

Versus

Galveston Bay RV Park & Resort

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #73

Solo Rvers Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to Charliene
Eagle Point Fishing Camp or Galveston Bay RV Resort

I'm with you Wayne. The difference is that Eagle Point has inshore guides, bait and charters right there. Accommodations are questionable to say the least, but fishing is the thing. Check their Facebook page. It is a fish camp not a resort. They don't fish for shark either. They stay inshore (in Galveston Bay) and fish for speckle and sand trout, redfish & flounder.

I thought of one more. It's Latitudes Restaurant and RV Park. The same people that own Top Water Grill own Latitudes. It's a great Restaurant. They have Texas Hold'em games at the restaurant. Weekends they have a band outside. You can dance if you like. They also have a bar inside and one outside. But it's kind of like Eagle Point so far as RV Park. They have piers and you can wade fish too. The thing about San Leon is Ike hit hard. The inner part of San Leon is partially rebuilt. So there are homes that have been flooded and left. Then next door you see a half million dollar home. The drive into Latitudes is that way. The waterfront has corrected the damage and mostly rebuilt. The houses that were damaged on the water front have been torn down and now there are cleaned empty lots. San Leon is a fishing town that has great places to eat and that is about all except that you have a bar on almost every corner. Jimmy Buffett would call San Leon Margarita Ville. Maybe I'll get some info together and post it about Latitudes. These parks that are fish camps are rustic but sell tackle, bait, rent tackle, have guides on site and are a lot different than the resort parks. It's a question of what you want to do with your time and how convenience matter to you or not if you are going to be fishing your whole trip. You could always park at Galveston Bay Resort and drive (aprox. 6 or 7 miles ???) to Eagle Point for a guide to take you fishing. It's all about what you want to do.

Oh! I made reservations at Cajun Palms RV Park in Breau Bridge, Louisiana for a Cajun GTG on Oct. 15 & 16th. Sites were going quickly! If anyone wants to go you need to get your reservations NOW.
Charliene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #74

Solo Rvers Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
I Might Have Told You Wrong

Hi Wayne,
Did I tell you the Oct. 15th & 16th at The Cajun Palms? That is not correct for the Cajun GTG I was telling you about. The following are the corrections; My site is #24. Sites were booking up and I couldn't get with the group. I'll be across from the clubhouse.

Hope you and Earlene can make it and anyone else that wants to go is welcome. We might do a Texas East Bound and Down Wagon Train! I want the "rocking chair"!
  • Cajun GTG
Oct 11-13th
laissez les bon temp roulette

at Poches Fish Camp
1080 Sawmill Hwy.
Breaux Bridge, LA 70517
85-acre nature park
337 332-0326
http://www.pochesrvpark.com/home/
We have 88 spots available! We can accommodate any size RV, and our prices include the following:
  • Pull-through sites
  • Full hookups
  • 30/50 amps

Front of Clubhouse

Inside Clubhouse

Back Porch of Clubhouse

RATES:
Cabins - http://www.pochesrvpark.com/rates/

RV ParkingDeluxe RV SpotsNumbered - 35.00Golf Carts: (Electric ONLY)$5.00Guests visiting Campers Fee - $5.00
Includes Fishing & Swimming per day

Non- Camping Guests
Fee Includes - $10.00
Fishing & Swimming per day 8:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.

• Zydeco Festival
Zydeco** Nov 15-16
Cajun Palms RV Resort
1055 North Barn Road
Henderson, Louisiana 70517
Phone 337-667-7772

Cajun Palms RV Resort - Amenities
Cajun Palms RV Resort is a full service campground resort located in Henderson, Louisiana (St. Martin Parish), just 1/4 mile north of I-10. Our campground features a large selection of traditional as well as high tech amenities to make your stay more enjoyable.

Accommodations in our park consist of over 300 Deluxe RV Spots ,12 Chalets,and 25 Cabins. Twenty cabins are facing our waterfront view stocked ponds and include a concrete patio with charcoal grill, private tub/shower, full kitchen, sink, stove, microwave, and refrigerator. Our RV spots have full hookups, 30- and 50-amp, 70+ channels of digital cable, and on-site water and sewer. Pull Thru and Back In spots have 20 feet of space between each concrete pad.

Our Welcome Centers ,where you check-in and out, are located near the entrance to our facility. They also contain a convenience store for all your camping needs.

Our clubhouse contains an assembly/reception hall with a beverage service counter, band/DJ Stage, private bathrooms, and has an occupancy rating of 750 persons. Our clubhouse also features two concession stands serving prepared food, a poolside patio, a second floor deck overlooking our resort style pool and Kiddie pool, and a second floor bar with video poker. The clubhouse also has a pool view work out facility, video arcade, state of the art theatre, business meeting room, and coin operated laundry facilities.

Cajun Palms RV Resort also has Wi-Fi Internet Service available throughout the resort.

CAMPSITE RATES Winter Summer
Regular RV Site $32.00 per night $39.00 per night Waterfront/Double/Triple RV Site $38.00 per night$45.00 per night Executive RV Site$69.00 per night$74.00 per night
2 Night Minimum on weekends for reserved spots. Walk-ins can enjoy one night stays based upon availability.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #75

Solo Rvers Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
OUCH! Should have resized that picture!

I regrettably failed to mention that if you have a Passport Express membership,(which is now $44.00 a year) the rates are 1/2 price at Pouchs for some of the nights. Check with the park for exact nights.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #76
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Poches Fish Camp is nice but you will have to dust of your vehicles after driving in. the road is dirt. We stayed there one night last year on a "drive through" and enjoyed the park.

Another nice park in the area is Lazy Days RV Park in Hitchcock, TX and it is 15 miles from Galveston and an easy jumping off point to other points of interes and easy fishing.

If anyone is coming down into the area and has a specific RV Park they would like to know about, give a holler and if we are home I'll personally go check it out, or maybe I already have.

As Charliene stated, Latitudes is just a place to stay and fish but their RV park is all cement. No grass on the sites.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #77

Solo Rvers Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Oh Wayne,
My neighbor's aunt owns Lazy Day's in Hitchcock. I haven't been out there to have a look-a-see but she says it's on a man made canal and a nice quiet place to stay. RE: Pouches....not happy to hear dirt roads! But I need to get out and what better place than with a bunch of Cajuns!?! I'll plan to do a lot of cleaning when I get back.

Like Wayne said, if any of you are planning or thinking of comeing down this way, I too will go out and check these places out for you guys. Research in the computer is a joy for me as well. So I have no problem with trying to answer your questions about camping resources in my area and near by areas. If you want to fish, there are places. If you want a resort, there are places. If you want on the Gulf, there are places. I'll be glad to help find the right place for your trip.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #78

i still owe dinner if been told bubbas gumps is good thoughts
Old 08-28-2013, 07:32 PM   #79

Solo Rvers Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Whem2fish,
I'd like to meet you;. However,.. The thing is that I don't go out with strangers whom I've never met, haven't seen pictures of, or don't even know anything about. A dinner offer is generous and I thank you. I'd like to know a little about you first.

Sincerely and with best regards,
Old 08-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #80
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Charliene,
I'll go to dinner with you, but Earlene has to tag along. She keeps me in line. You are buying, right?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #81

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
RV-Mingle - bringing RV enthusiasts together since....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #82

Solo Rvers Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Hi Wayne,

Of course I'll be glad to pay for dinner as well as have Earlene along. What a great opportunity to tell her all I know about you .
Old 08-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #83
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I wish you would spend time on other subjects. When I become the center of attention, I love it. Oh! BTW, she reads this forum. I think she has a special button that takes her directly to anything I have posted or that has been posted about me.

You're out of luck on tattle-tale.

Steve, Maybe I can convert her to Mutant form.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #84
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Charliene,

Where are you hiding?

« Hello all | Hello! »