Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2011, 01:17 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Hello and welcome to iRV2....

ghoststories is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #16

Clinton is a very nice place. Asphalt roads and concrete pads and patios. Giant City was beautiful in October but it had gravel pads and just electric. We were able to run water to the camper and the ranger didn't say anything.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #17

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfsted View Post
Clinton is a very nice place. Asphalt roads and concrete pads and patios. Giant City was beautiful in October but it had gravel pads and just electric. We were able to run water to the camper and the ranger didn't say anything.
The wife and I use to go to Kickapoo a lot. I am, however, at the point where I don't want to go anyplace unless I have electric and water hookup. I've had 6 knee surgeries, a knee and knee cap replacement (soon to be a second knee replacement) and my left wrist has 9 pins and 6 screws holding it together. I just don't feel like carrying water in the event we run out. I guess I'm getting old. The new Jayco that we are looking at has a 97 gallong fresh water tank. Our current unit has 30.

There is a small, nice campground just over the border in Indiana at Exit 25, which is Route 25 called Charlarose Lake and Campground. It is a small, quite campground, and nice place to escape to. Don't know if you have ever been there.

Happy New Year!
Regards,
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #18

I know where 25 is. Is it south or north of Waynetown?

25 is a nice road heading to Lafayette. I'd like to check that campground out.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:05 AM   #19

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
I know where 25 is. Is it south or north of Waynetown?

25 is a nice road heading to Lafayette. I'd like to check that campground out.
Just west of Waynetown. If you are going east, and get off at exit 25, then go south to the stop sign, then turn west. Just outside of town, where the road makes the curve, you will see a sign for the campground. You will go south, then back west again. I don't think they have a website, however, I know they are listed with the Indiana Campground Owners Association. You can look it up that way.

If you want, please let us know what weekend you are thinking about going, and I will see what is going on that weekend.

On a different note, I see that diesel fuel in Savoy at the Schnucks is down to $3.49 a gallon. Don't know how often you are out that way, or if you have something other than you motorhome that is diesel. For that price, I topped off both tanks on my pick-up truck.

Regards,
Old 01-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpytrkr

Just west of Waynetown. If you are going east, and get off at exit 25, then go south to the stop sign, then turn west. Just outside of town, where the road makes the curve, you will see a sign for the campground. You will go south, then back west again. I don't think they have a website, however, I know they are listed with the Indiana Campground Owners Association. You can look it up that way.

If you want, please let us know what weekend you are thinking about going, and I will see what is going on that weekend.

On a different note, I see that diesel fuel in Savoy at the Schnucks is down to $3.49 a gallon. Don't know how often you are out that way, or if you have something other than you motorhome that is diesel. For that price, I topped off both tanks on my pick-up truck.

Regards,
Yes, they have a website. It might be a nice drive to check it out. Also if you take 25 on south of Waynetown, to 32 then go east, there is a really great restaurant out in the middle of nowhere.

How long have you been rv'ing? I have a lot of questions about my 5th wheel and the manufacturer has really not been helpful.

I have a diesel F250. I wonder if the Urbana Schnucks has diesel.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #21

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Yes, they have a website. It might be a nice drive to check it out. Also if you take 25 on south of Waynetown, to 32 then go east, there is a really great restaurant out in the middle of nowhere.

How long have you been rv'ing? I have a lot of questions about my 5th wheel and the manufacturer has really not been helpful.

I have a diesel F250. I wonder if the Urbana Schnucks has diesel.

You are thinking about "The Country Affair" restaurant. Ya, that is a great place for breakfast or dinner. Every time we are over in that area, we hit that place for breakfast.

I have been rving all my life. The first trailer I can remember my dad having was a 1954 spartan, pulled with a 1960 International Pick up. My wife was a tent camper. We bought our first trailer in 1991. I told her after 6 years in the army, there would be no tents, air beds, or anything I had to carry on my back. I want my bed all ready made up, and dry, someplace warm, and dry. There will be no more eatting in the rain.

Schuncks in Urbana doesn't have diesel fuel. The Wally Mart on Highcross road does. And, the best part about that is Apple Dumpling.

Our first trailer was a 22 foot Arabian 5th wheel. I think it was a 77 or 78. It had been setting for a long time. I worked on it for almost 4 months before I felt safe taking it on the road. And, a 22 foot 5th wheel isn't that big. Didn't even have a bed in it. We ended up putting a futon in the nose for a bed. But, it didn't leak, and it was warm and cozy.

Regards,