Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #15

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyL

The Army and Ft. Riley is why I live in Kansas. I was assigned to Ft. Riley in 1980 after ROTC and FAOBC at Ft. Sill. I thought the Army was going to be my career but ended up changing my plans (meeting and marrying a KS girl who didn't like the Army life) and never left Kansas.

I work in OKC now and live in Lawrence. I had planned to move but can't afford to sell the house. So I saw it as an opportunity to do something I had wanted to do for a while, get an RV. Speed isn't much of an issue since I plan to leave it parked in OKC except when my wife and I use it for vacations. I'm definitely leaning towards a used TT to get started and see where it goes.
Since you will keep the TT or what ever you decide in OKC you might want to search the Tulsa area Craig's list for some deals as well. A friend of ours bought a 4 year old TT with 2 slide outs for less than 6k. (bank Repo)
Ron

4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #16

Thanks Ron. I'm searching far and wide for the right one. I check Craigslist every couple of days for anything in KS, OK, and MO. I'm checking RVTtrader .com too.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #17

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Ron. I'm searching far and wide for the right one. I check Craigslist every couple of days for anything in KS, OK, and MO. I'm checking RVTtrader .com too.
You have to be patient, we searched for 6 months due to people believing thier junk was gold, we finally found ours south of Lebo,Ks. It needed awning fabric all the way around(-1k cost me 600 to do it my self), all fluids changed (- 250.00) tires(2-3k doing that now) tune up, filters, etc..
Basically we got it for 5.5k less than what they were asking. They didn't even blink when we made an offer, so I should have gone even lower but for $9500.00 it was a great purchase!
You will find the one you want, just spend some time looking and know what needs to be fixed/serviced prior to purchasing. Download one of the PDI(pre delivery inspection sheets) or look at the multiple website that guide you through buying one of these babies. I know it saved me a ton of money.
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Hi, I'm a newbie to the RV world. In fact I'm still trying to make a decision on which way to go MH or TT. I've been reading the posts here for a few days but don't seem to be getting closer to a decision. I thought I had decided on a TT, but a MH has a lot of attraction too. I work out of state and am gone about 3 nights a week. Whichever way I go I will live in the RV while at work and leave it parked near my job most of the time. My wife and I will also use it for long weekend trips and 1 to 2 week vacations in the Rocky Mountains and maybe an occasional longer trip to the east or west coast.

I would appreciate any advice about making the decision between MH and TT. I'm looking forward to being part of the forum and the RV community.

Randy
I am a traveling salesperson. I enjoy traveling with my wife and little dogs in my motor coach. I tow my company car, a Dodge Ram 1500. I thought about a trailer until the motor home broke down. I used my truck to go for parts.