Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2010, 02:59 PM   #1

Hello from Lake Conroe Tx.

Just signed up today and already found lots of information that I have been looking for about my RV. The wife and I are new to the RV world and have took one short trip about 200 miles. We purchased a 2008 Damon 378 challenger about 6 weeks ago. The RV is on a workhorse frame and I have already took it in for the brake recall and the gas tank hose repair. The unit I bought had 3,100 miles on it and is in very good shape. Everything works and I changed the oil in the generator. My question is that I would like to lube the (3) slide out with Protect All but only one slide is exposed. How do you get to the slides on the other 2?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2010, 05:59 PM   #2

My husband and I are new to this site as well, Since we have joined my husband and I have found great knowledge in this site and we look foward to more info as we need. it. Welcome aboard and hope you can find as much info on here as we have.

travelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwishard View Post
Just signed up today and already found lots of information that I have been looking for about my RV. The wife and I are new to the RV world and have took one short trip about 200 miles. We purchased a 2008 Damon 378 challenger about 6 weeks ago. The RV is on a workhorse frame and I have already took it in for the brake recall and the gas tank hose repair. The unit I bought had 3,100 miles on it and is in very good shape. Everything works and I changed the oil in the generator. My question is that I would like to lube the (3) slide out with Protect All but only one slide is exposed. How do you get to the slides on the other 2?
Welcome from another Lake Conroe area member.

Are you talking about the slide gears? I'm not familiar with the Damon enough to answer your question but I would suggest you post the question down in the Thor section...betcha you'll get a quick answer.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:57 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome hwishard, Where'd you go on your trip? Always some PM to do on these things.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #5

Went to Birch Creek park on Lake Sommerville,Tx. Just loved it. Took our bikes and did a little geocaching.As far as maint. I will probably do most of it myself.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:12 PM   #6

Glad to hear the report on Birch Creek. I'm looking for nice parks within a couple hours of Houston and Sommerville was on my list to explore.
sandersmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #7

You might try Cagle state park on lake Conroe, Lake Livingston State park on the Lake. They are both within an hour or two of Houston
Old 11-24-2010, 03:29 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
You might try Cagle state park on lake Conroe, Lake Livingston State park on the Lake. They are both within an hour or two of Houston
Since its only 30 minutes from the house, we spend New Years at Cagle each year. Just for clarification, Cagle is not a Texas state park but rather part of the National Forest. $10/night, 50 amp, w/s with the Golden Age card.

Sam Houston National Forest - Cagle Recreation Area
Old 11-25-2010, 07:09 AM   #9

That's why they call it the Golden Age card because you can't remember if you were at a State or National park. Happy Thanksgiving everyone or is it Christmas?
Old 11-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #10

Quote:
That's why they call it the Golden Age card because you can't remember if you were at a State or National park. Happy Thanksgiving everyone or is it Christmas?
I can't wait until I'm eligible to join the OFC - got a few years yet. I have the State Park Pass and may have to invest in the National Park Pass - but I don't think the annual pass gives the same discounts in national forest lands, does it?
sandersmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandersmr View Post
I can't wait until I'm eligible to join the OFC - got a few years yet. I have the State Park Pass and may have to invest in the National Park Pass - but I don't think the annual pass gives the same discounts in national forest lands, does it?

The Golden age pass has been dropped. Now it's called Amercia the Beautiful. The card cost $10. for a lifetime membership and you must be at least 62 Years young. You also get half off camping rates at all National Parks Very Good Deal!!!!
Old 11-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
hwishard:

G'morning from Casa Grande, AZ, Happy Thanksgiving, and....a BIG WELCOME to the iRV2 gang!!

Before "lubing" your slides, etc., make sure you check with other Damon owners about the advisability of doing so. Not sure which mechanism(s) you're planning to "lube", but be careful, since on many rigs w. slides they DO NOT recommend applying any kind of lubricating material, or, they only recommend applying a certain kind of such material to certain parts of your slide apparatus.

The reason for this is that road dust, and other particles of debris will tend to adhere to the lubricating material, will eventually build up a matting of such dust and debris, and will adversely affect the smooth operation of your slides. Be sure to check before applying such lube!!

Again, Welcome to iRV2.

Steve & Lynette