Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
From another Minnesotan.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to the forum from another former Minnesotan. As you can see in my avatar we still get a little snow where we are, but not as much and not as cold.

Glenn
Old 09-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #17

Like many we bounce around. Last year we were in Benson,AZ, Fountain Hills,AZ, Quartzite,AZ, and Pahrump, NV. In the spring we went to McKinney,TX to the MCD factory to have shades installed in the coach before returning to MN for our yearly DR appts.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:59 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
I suspect that you bought the RV because you wanted to travel and go to different places. Deciding on staying at the same place year after year it would probably be better to spend the money on a condo, etc. However there is a lot to be said about staying in the same park throughout the winter and then heading for a different spot next season. Staying for a short time generally will leave you without making any new long tine friends. Staying for the full winter season may allow for that. You like to golf, bowl, or maybe join a choir or take some dance classes. Many parks that have loads of snow birds or "Winter Texans" offer all of those and more(including Golf leagues) and those are hard to enjoy if you only stick around a short time. My suggestion is to attempt to see it all, but stick around long enough to smell the Roses. South Texas in the RGV is good as is Az. (I like Tucson, yet Havasu is good as well)) South Florida around Ft Myers, I can recommend too. On the other hand we have been in every State and liked something about them all, we are now going around again(except when we are heading for Europe)
Old 09-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Many Questions

Thank you all for this great advice. Since we are new to the RV adventure tons of questions have been going through my mind. What are things to remember to do when one leaves their home and gets on the road. We are planning (as I stated before) to get away from Minnesota cold for at least 4 months. I know how to handle the mail but are their any other thoughts you might have for us newbies would be appreciated. Thanks
Lawgirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote