Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2010, 02:43 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hello from Minnesota!

My name is Rod and my wife Carolyn and I have just purchased a 2004 Adventurer and are excited about entering the world of RVing! This decision is not one we have taken lightly! I have spent two years doing research on all the different types/ brands of units. Once we decided on a class A, then we went back and forth on whether to go gas or diesel, what floor plan, what brand to go with etc. Our decision to go with Winnebago has a lot to do with the strength of the company, the quality of build of the units themselves, and the fact that we live 70 miles from the factory! I think we have made a good decision, only time will tell for sure. I appreciate this forum and look forward to hearing from some of you.
Rod
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2010, 06:34 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
G'morning Rod & Carolyn:

We're currently camped at the Mystic Lake park (Prior Lake) and are originally out of Duluth!! Nice to have ya on the iRV2 Forum...it's a GREAT bunch of folks. WELCOME!!

Wife and I retired out of Duluth back in 05. Sold the house on Park Point, ALL the "stuff" and, we now bounce around full time in our Class 'A' diesel pusher, towing our ugly Honda Element with our canoe on top, bikes inside and our three cats in the rig with us.

Just came up from the Texas hill country (N. of San Antonio) as we had to move my mother from Duluth down here to Mpls. into an assisted living apt. near my sister.

Normally we wouldn't come North this early and sure enough, wouldn't ya know we loaded her stuff up in Duluth last Friday in a sloppy bizzard!!!

So, where do you guys live? Are ya hittin the road full time? Where ya planning to travel to first?

Anyway, WELCOME again, and don't hesitate to ask questions here on iRV2.

Steve & Lynette
Old 05-10-2010, 06:46 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rod & Carolyn;

Welcome to iRV2. We are glad you joined us. Congratulations on the purchase of your new to you Adventure. I also believe you have made a good decision on your purchase. Post often and share your travel experiences with us. For your info we have a Winnebago Chat every Tuesday night at 9 PM EDT. You are invited to join when ever you wish.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:35 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Chikadee,
We just picked up our unit from Brambilla's just a few miles from you guys yesterday afternoon!! Our plan is to eventually full-time or at least part-time/full-time if you know what I mean. We are in our mid-fifties and need to work at least 7 to 8 more years before retiring, but we wanted to get a unit now to gain some experience in the lifestyle. We are starting by going to the Gypsy Journal rally in August at the Elkhart IN campground put on by Nick and Terry Russell. We have been following their travels for a while and are looking forward to meeting them.
Thanks for the welcome and we'll look forward to chatting with you guys down the road. How long are you staying at Prior Lake? Would love to come and visit in person if you're going to be there a while! Let me know.
Rod
Old 05-11-2010, 03:40 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Petro,
Thanks for the welcome! We are really green to this lifestyle and MH ownership so we wecome the opportunity to sponge off the knowledge, wisdom and experience of people like you!! ;-p We'll look forward to chatting more!
Rod
Old 05-11-2010, 05:34 AM   #6

rod, hope you have as many happy miles and smiles as we have in the past 10 yrs. jim & sue
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks beaverjim,
The thing that is frustrating right now is to have this rig in our yard begging to be driven, but not having much time to enjoy it because of our busy work schedules. For now we'll have to be content with weekends here and there and three or four weeks a year.
Rod
Old 05-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #8

Congrats Rod and Carolyn. I'm sure you will enjoy that new to you Winny. We reside in SE Minnesota and may bump into you some time. You may want to consider going to Winnebago's Grand National Rally in July.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:48 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
rod and carolyn welcome .we to are new to irv2 and our first motorhome was an 1998 adventurer love it!!we needed more towing power and cc so we moved up to diesel .have fun and many happy miles