Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2016, 08:51 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hello from NH

Hello everyone.
I'm new to this site and in a short amount of time I've found a lot of cool ideas and product recommendations on here. Pretty neat.

Just purchased a new coach this summer it's a 2017 Fleetwood Discovery 39G. So far, my family and I are really enjoying it!

Decided to do some traveling/camping and making memories with my family (while our 3 kids are still young), so just this summer picked up our new diesel pusher. No comparison at all to the gas rigs that I remember that I've driven in the past! Wow, what a difference!

We've done a few trips this summer, mostly north up into Maine and way up in NH. Such a great way to travel! We're certainly looking forward to more trips and are sad that the summer is coming to an end. We're already talking about next summer!! Well, this is just about the most I've randomly ever told total strangers. So, I guess I'll just end by saying…
Glad to be here, safe travels everyone and happy memories! Have a good one all!
NH Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2016, 09:10 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:11 PM   #3

Thanks for the post. Welcome the community
AKOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:20 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The search bar in the green block at the top is your best friend for this site. Many topics have been discussed a few times, hrs of reading, and a secondary note pad for those gems of wisdom found buried in the posts are great. suggestion to make a priority list of enhancements, that can be easily managed.... it changes...

best of luck from the southern part of NH
Old 09-14-2016, 03:29 AM   #5

NH Dave-

... from Sullivan County in west-central NH.

I've heard that families that camp together stay closer than ones with other shared experiences. It sounds as if you're on track for that with the new coach.

And yes, the season is short up here, even for those not bound to a school calendar, although we've spent some nice weekends (through October) in campgrounds.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:22 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank you...

Thank you for the nice welcome and for the tips! And sdennislee thank you for your service!!

Leaves are starting to change here in Southern NH already…summers just go by way too fast! We're hoping to squeeze in at least one weekend in the RV before we turn the corner on weather. Fall can be beautiful, it would sure be nice if spring came back right after fall.

Anyway, thanks again all!
Old 09-14-2016, 08:28 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Dave! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:22 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank you all for the welcome!
Old 09-14-2016, 07:40 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello NH Dave from your neighbor to the west! Depending on the ages of your kids, check out The Lantern in Jefferson NH. Great little campground and Santa's Village is across the street, great place for a family and is still open on weekends. We did our inaugural cruise there last month and had a great time. (Twin 6 year old boys). I'm new to this site as well but it's a great group of people and a wealth of info!!
Old 09-14-2016, 08:33 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastvalve View Post
Hello NH Dave from your neighbor to the west! Depending on the ages of your kids, check out The Lantern in Jefferson NH. Great little campground and Santa's Village is across the street, great place for a family and is still open on weekends. We did our inaugural cruise there last month and had a great time. (Twin 6 year old boys). I'm new to this site as well but it's a great group of people and a wealth of info!!
Hello Blastvalve. Thanks for that! We'll definitely check it out! We have 5 yr old twins boy/girl and an 8yo boy. So they're at perfect ages for that stuff! We stayed at Glen Ellis in Glen NH (very nice) and did Story Land this summer. Had a good time. Definitely looking forward to the winter being over before it's even begun!

Yes, I agree and so far I'm finding this to be a very good site.

Thanks again!!
Old 09-15-2016, 11:23 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Dave View Post
Hello everyone.
I'm new to this site and in a short amount of time I've found a lot of cool ideas and product recommendations on here. Pretty neat.

Just purchased a new coach this summer it's a 2017 Fleetwood Discovery 39G. So far, my family and I are really enjoying it!

Decided to do some traveling/camping and making memories with my family (while our 3 kids are still young), so just this summer picked up our new diesel pusher. No comparison at all to the gas rigs that I remember that I've driven in the past! Wow, what a difference!

We've done a few trips this summer, mostly north up into Maine and way up in NH. Such a great way to travel! We're certainly looking forward to more trips and are sad that the summer is coming to an end. We're already talking about next summer!! Well, this is just about the most I've randomly ever told total strangers. So, I guess I'll just end by saying…
Glad to be here, safe travels everyone and happy memories! Have a good one all!
Hey Dave, good to see some other new operators. I'm from the Mid-Coast of Maine, and have spent most of my time in NH, Polar Caves, Storyland, Meredith, Conway and the likes. Rich
rbarratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:53 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Dave View Post
Hello Blastvalve. Thanks for that! We'll definitely check it out! We have 5 yr old twins boy/girl and an 8yo boy. So they're at perfect ages for that stuff! We stayed at Glen Ellis in Glen NH (very nice) and did Story Land this summer. Had a good time. Definitely looking forward to the winter being over before it's even begun!

Yes, I agree and so far I'm finding this to be a very good site.

Thanks again!!
I stayed at Glen Ellis a couple times with a buddy's family in Middle School, my main memory is tubing down the river that even in mid July felt like it thawed that morning!!!!

Definitely check out Santa's Village, it's reasonably priced, spotless and a very friendly staff. My kids LOVE it there, the park does a great job.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:43 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastvalve View Post
I stayed at Glen Ellis a couple times with a buddy's family in Middle School, my main memory is tubing down the river that even in mid July felt like it thawed that morning!!!!

Definitely check out Santa's Village, it's reasonably priced, spotless and a very friendly staff. My kids LOVE it there, the park does a great job.
haha…yes the water is definitely a bit chilly! But, kids don't care...I suppose we didn't either back then. We have been to Santa's Village once before, just never as an RV trip and our kids were much younger and don't really remember it. So we'll have to check out some campgrounds nearby and make a trip out of it. Looking forward to that! Unfortunately we got the new rig late in the summer this year, so we didn't get to make as many trips as we'd like…but next year hopefully we'll be able to do A LOT more. Thanks again for the tip!
Old 09-29-2016, 07:53 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
There is a campground within walking distance of Santa's Village. It is called the Lantern.

https://www.thelanternresort.com/

Reasonably priced and nice amenities. A couple of pools, small but nice store and a playground for kids.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote