Hello everyone. This is my first post and a long one so I apologize.
Introductions - My wife and I are in our late 40's we have camped for most of our adult lives, owned pop-up and Class A RV's and we love to travel. Our kids are are 18+ and looking for ways to move into adulthood themselves. We are now in full time prep mode for our "leisure time".
Our end goal is to be full time RV'ing in 6 years time (no house). This gives the kids time for higher education while living at home and moving on with their lives. The wife and I are looking at all our options at this point.
1) We own outright a Can-Am Spyder RT which we now use exclusively for 2 up travel and camping. This would be our preferred TOAD
2) Keep adding to the retirement income.
3) Researching RV technology in hopes that when the time comes what is on my wishlist will become reality and available for RV's. (more efficiency, and better battery tech)
4) Researching RV living and new trends.
5) Already started downsizing so the kids know were serious.
Intentions are to travel a lot, but the wife would still like a "home base". I think it's too soon to look at making an investment like this without knowing where the kids will be. Investment properties are being considered but it appears the zoning regulations are so varied and I can't find a resource that will allow an inclusive search of all counties/townships for this type of information. They don't make it simple for RV and Tiny Home owners. Hopefully with the surge in Tiny Home interest this information will become more upfront.
With time on our hands to prepare I hope we can find something that fits perfectly for what we want. Maybe we should start a blog so I can document all this. smile