Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2015, 05:19 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Hello from Oklahaoma.

Well yah I'm a newbie. Just bought my first RV it's a 2004 Monoco Sigunature 45 ft. We took it for a test run. It is our first trip in the RV. We are headed to Colorado next weekend to ride RZR's around Silverton. We thought we should go and try to learn all the systems before our big trip. And checked it out to make sure everything works.
OK guys here's where I need help. We got everything hooked up. City water, elect, sewer. But I have no water in the shower. We have water hot and cold water in the sinks, ice maker, water to stool. Just nothing in the shower.
What am I missing? When I shut off the city water and go to 12 volt pump I still have no water in shower. I called the previous owner he said ne never used city water only the water tank and had no problems with the shower.
HELP and Thanks
Okie pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2015, 05:47 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Colorado will be glad to have you.

Have you tried soaking the shower head in a bowl of vinegar? Or you can put it in a baggie and rubber band it to the shower head if you don't want to disconnect it from the shower.

\ken
Ken, Deb, & Gadget (WIT Club, FMCA, SKP, and grateful volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and SOWERs), traveling in a well-behaved 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD w/1100w solar, some gee-golly-whizbang, and a TRAILERED 2015 Cherokee TrailHawk toad.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie pilot View Post
Well yah I'm a newbie. Just bought my first RV it's a 2004 Monoco Sigunature 45 ft. We took it for a test run. It is our first trip in the RV. We are headed to Colorado next weekend to ride RZR's around Silverton. We thought we should go and try to learn all the systems before our big trip. And checked it out to make sure everything works.
OK guys here's where I need help. We got everything hooked up. City water, elect, sewer. But I have no water in the shower. We have water hot and cold water in the sinks, ice maker, water to stool. Just nothing in the shower.
What am I missing? When I shut off the city water and go to 12 volt pump I still have no water in shower. I called the previous owner he said ne never used city water only the water tank and had no problems with the shower.
HELP and Thanks
If you are really looking for help here, you should only post in one forum. This is the third forum I've run across your same post in.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:56 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I have not soaked it but I took the hose off the shower with the water turned to warm and it is not getting water to the shower at all.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:00 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
If you are really looking for help here, you should only post in one forum. This is the third forum I've run across your same post in.
Sorry. I thought I was posting in different forms Class A and Problems. I will try and find an administrator to combine the threads.

Just a newbie mistake.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:45 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:56 PM   #7

Some type of winterization bypass perhaps? Is there a valve that bypasses the shower?
MattTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:41 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Matt great last name.
I don't know I can't find anything else to turn, twist or try. I quess no shower tonight. Funny thing is we went to Glamis last Thanksgiving and rented a trailer with a 40 gallon fresh water tank. My wife love the dunes and the desert but said she wanted to be able to take a nice shower. Well I just bought this a couple weeks ago and we brought it to the lake today to try out. Just to get ready for CO Next weekend and she is not gonna get a shower at all. Oh well she is being a good sport about it.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:26 PM   #9

I'm thinking the problem may be in the shower valve body. Can you take either cold or hot water valve out, then turn on the water pump just for a second or two and see if you get water through the shower faucet? I can't think of shut off valve that would be anywhere between the water pump and the shower faucet. Good luck. If you have a single valve (hot/cold), take it off and see what happens.
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:51 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:30 AM   #11

Hope you find a resolve ....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:51 AM   #12
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie pilot View Post
HELP and Thanks
Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Congrats on the new rig! There's probably a water manifold in the equipment bay underneath, with a cut-off valve for each line. i.e. lavatory, commode, shower, etc. The valve may be off! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:13 PM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome, glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote