Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2016, 09:32 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plukas350 View Post
I never thought about the swing of the rear end, and it does have a massive over hang I should probably get some practice in on it as soon as I get home.

The DW has been keeping me informed about the heat back there (granted here by the Arabian Sea it's been really hot during the day and muggy at night).

I especially heard about it when the AC at our house went bad. I've never been happier to live on base as I was when I didn't have to pay to replace the AC unit.

I don't actually know how far Lake Eufaula is from Midwest City, but we want to see something besides big city, and Aircraft.

Forgive my ignorance but what does COE stand for? Also have you heard of a lot of people being turned away due to the length of their MH?
COE's are Army Corps of Engineers camp grounds Tulsa District Recreation

I was in Saudi Arabia working many years ago and it was 130 in the day and 90 at night right on the gulf. At night the power would go out. and along with it the A/C

When you return you will feel right art home with the heat. The lake is 2 hours from MC 136 miles.

When you get up around 40 feet is when you have trouble finding spots National parks are limited to around 30 feet.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2016, 09:48 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
COE stands for Corp of Engineers. They have campgrounds at some of the lakes they manage.

This picture shows what can happen when you don't pay attention to your tail swing. Coming out of a tight gas station in Redding, CA and keeping an eye on the front when the rear caught the guard post at the pumps. $10,801 later it is fixed. ($800 deductible for us.) I am very aware of my tail swing now...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3875.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	328.3 KB
ID:	130585  

LarrytheBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 10:00 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifemember View Post
COE's are Army Corps of Engineers camp grounds Tulsa District Recreation

I was in Saudi Arabia working many years ago and it was 130 in the day and 90 at night right on the gulf. At night the power would go out. and along with it the A/C

When you return you will feel right art home with the heat. The lake is 2 hours from MC 136 miles.

When you get up around 40 feet is when you have trouble finding spots National parks are limited to around 30 feet.
I'm not too far away from Saudi, luckily our power is a little more reliable, and thank you for the Distance info as well as explaining what a COE was I didn't know those even existed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheBear View Post
COE stands for Corp of Engineers. They have campgrounds at some of the lakes they manage.

This picture shows what can happen when you don't pay attention to your tail swing. Coming out of a tight gas station in Redding, CA and keeping an eye on the front when the rear caught the guard post at the pumps. $10,801 later it is fixed. ($800 deductible for us.) I am very aware of my tail swing now...
That is definitely an ouch to the pocket book moment, makes me really wish the DW had a job even while she's going to school. One last question, do either of you find it better to start the turn wide or finish the turn wide?

Plukas350 is offline   Reply With Quote