Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2005, 07:54 AM   #1

Hello
Just recently found this site, came over from RV.Net. We recently purchased a 05 Fleetwood Terra 32s. This is our first "new" motor home, our third motor home in total. the last being a lemon. We decided with this one to do "regular" camping, as up until now our camping trips have been runs to the desert only. Looking forward to seeing and meeting more people.
Any questions just. Not sure how much info to put here
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2005, 07:54 AM   #2

Hello
Just recently found this site, came over from RV.Net. We recently purchased a 05 Fleetwood Terra 32s. This is our first "new" motor home, our third motor home in total. the last being a lemon. We decided with this one to do "regular" camping, as up until now our camping trips have been runs to the desert only. Looking forward to seeing and meeting more people.
Any questions just. Not sure how much info to put here
Old 03-01-2005, 09:56 AM   #3

Welcome Steve and Dora. Glad you joined us here. How about a nice long trip in your "new" MH to LAncaster PA in June for the national RAlly? Hope to see you soon

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:45 AM   #4

Thanks for the invite, unfortunately already planned another "long" trip. Taking it up to BC Canada this summer for a vacation. Plan to visit the island as well, but don't think I'll take the coach for that leg.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:54 AM   #5

Steve& Dora, Welcome to the IRV2 forum, glad you found us.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, we have a wealth of knowledge on this website, everybody's more than willing to help one another. Ed
Old 03-01-2005, 07:16 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Taking it up to BC Canada this summer for a vacation. Plan to visit the island as well, but don't think I'll take the coach for that leg. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve & Dora,
We know you'll love BC, as we have vacationed there often. Last year we took a Canadian Rockies RV tour with a group and enjoyed every minute of the 15 days.

Seriously consider taking your coach to the island and spend a week. We have trailered the island, used our tent trailer and used a mini-van on previous trips. Lots to see, especially after you head north of Victoria. Port Hardy is the northernmost point you can reach by coach, and if you are golfers, there are plenty of uncrowded courses during the summer that you can enjoy.

Welcome to iRV2.com and come back often.

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 05:23 AM   #7

Well, the main purpose of the trip is to see my Mother, she lives outside of Kamloops. The vancover island was going to be a small side trip. My concern with the coach was getting around, we are only going to see the Busch (sp?) gardens. Our plan was to leave the coach in a camp, go over in the morning, come back that night. then hit the road again. But will consider taking it over, will have to contact them to see if they have RV parking.
Thanks
Old 03-02-2005, 05:36 AM   #8

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
some time when i am able to take more time off of work i'll become a 'regular' camper as well. a lot of nice places out there to see. as for at least the next few years i'm afraid i am still irregular.

SoCal Mike, packing for one more trip to the sand, sigh
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 08:08 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My concern with the coach was getting around, we are only going to see the Busch (sp?) gardens... But will consider taking it over, will have to contact them to see if they have RV parking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Buchart Gardens has plenty of parking for RVs, but not overnight stays. The roads on the island as as good as you'll find anywhere for getting your rig up & down the highway, or city streets, and is no more difficult than in Kamloops.

We've been to the gardens several times, the first few we stayed the entire day, so plan to start early and stay late, if you can.

Travel safe,

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 05:27 AM   #10

If you go only for the day, I'd leave the coach behind as well, as it's not worth the cost to put it on the ferry.

Having said that, IIRC, there's a pretty spectacular light show with the fountains at sunset that may make an overnight stay on the island worthwhile.

It's been 15 years since we've been to the gardens, and 25+ since we saw the evening show, so things may have changed (Probably have).
Old 03-04-2005, 10:30 AM   #11

Well thanks for your input, will look into the overnight stay as well, I assume there are some RV parks there? If we decide to stay we'll take the coach, otherwise leave in on the mainland. And do a day run.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:28 PM   #12

Hello Steve & Dora, I started the original post. I have a 2004 Terra 32S on the Workhorse chassis (P-32). It's been just a year now that I've owned it and I love it if I can just get all the bugs out of it. Most of my problems have been with dealers who didn't know how to make the necessary repairs. My generator wouldn't run so I took it to the Onan dealer who repaired it the same day. My microwave wouldn't work, so Samsung sent me a new one, and I installed it myself. My cruise control quit and it took two trips to the workhorse dealer (130 miles round trip) to get that repaired. They also replaced a noisy fan belt while they had it. But the main issue has been the dash A/C would do nothing when the A/C button was pushed. I took it to the dealer where I purchased it 4 times (100 miles round trip) and they never could get it to work. So after a conversation with Fleetwood they let me take it to another Fleetwood dealer right here in town. I took it there twice and they couldn't repair it either. So after another more serious conversation with Fleetwood they let me take it to the local auto/truck repair that does my work and has done for years. They repaired it in three hours!! It was a blown fuse that was under the passenger side of the dash and the dash had to be disassembled to get to it. (Keep that in mind if yours ever quits). There are a couple of other fuses too, but that one is hidden. Quite a story huh? I still like the motorhome though, it has plenty of power and the floor plan is just what I wanted. I tow a Chevy tracker and it does a great job. I get about 7 miles to the gallon too. If I can be of assistance to anyone else please just ask. Thks, Walt
Walby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 03:45 PM   #13

Hi Walby
Well, you have had yours longer then I have then. We have the 2005 purchased in October. Overall we like it, with just a few problems. How is your toilet working? Ours gets plugged!!!
We havent had near the problems you did, although haven't had to run the dash air yet.
How heavy is your tracker? At some point I plan on towing a toad as well. Currently we tow a toybox trailer, that weighs about 5,000 lbs. With not problems