Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2010, 07:47 AM   #1

hello from south Ga!!

i am a nubie to this rv thing and know absolutely nothing about it but looks like yall good folks here can help me learn. my wife and i have been talking about doing it for a while now. we are starting off slow with a 1982 27 foot honey class C. it has 50,XXX miles on it and needs a little work but is mechanically sound. we plan on just going 40-50 miles away to start and i am sure we will eventually stray out further. i will have lots of questions so just bear with me and maybe someday i will be able to answer a question or two for another nubie. thanks, mike

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2010, 08:17 AM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82 honey 27 View Post
i am a nubie to this rv thing and know absolutely nothing about it but looks like yall good folks here can help me learn. my wife and i have been talking about doing it for a while now. we are starting off slow with a 1982 27 foot honey class C .... i will have lots of questions so just bear with me and maybe someday i will be able to answer a question or two for another nubie. thanks, mike
82 honey 27, A BIG !! iRV2.com welcome to you!

Please come back and vit us often and yes you are correct, one day I expect that you'll be the guys with the answers.

If you are in South GA, consider if you will joining up with us in Myrtle Beach to get your RV and real feet wet! See my sig!

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Mike and congratulations on your new (to you) coach! You've sure come to the right place for answers to all those questions you're sure to have.... this forum is outstanding.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Hello Mike, we are fellow Georgians and have just starting with our Motorhome. Welcome to IRV2 and hope to see you on the road
Old 07-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Welcome Mike from another Vintage owner!

You should take a look at the Vintage section. Lot's of great info there for those of us with seasoned & well loved RV's!

Hope to hear more from you and your adventures with your new best friend!!

Sheila
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #6

Mike, Welcome to the forum. Have two sons in Albany. Good luck with the RV. John H...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #7

thanks everyone for the warm welcome. i joined rvforum.net early yesterday and i have not received the first response. guess they do not like south ga boys with old rv's!! fuess i have found a home here.
btw john i am only 25 miles from albany.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, I'm not from GA.. but my daughter's beau just moved there and in about she will be doing so in just about a week give or take a day.

Somewhere near Savannah as I recall. She has jobs lined up ranging from tecaching Flute (Studio), Teaching Flute, (Assistant to a band director in school, plus sectionals) and dog grooming.. Certified in all the above.. First class flutist too.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #9

Mike, You may have heard of them. They have a chemical business called Equinox. Have been in the news there a lot.
I don't believe you will find any discrimination on this forum regardless of the age or make of your RV. Lots of people in the know, that will help answer questions, if they have an answer. Some will, even if they don't know an answer.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82 honey 27 View Post
thanks everyone for the warm welcome. i joined rvforum.net early yesterday and i have not received the first response. guess they do not like south ga boys with old rv's!! fuess i have found a home here.
btw john i am only 25 miles from albany.
Hey Mike,

I can promise you that you will never get that here. I have never, ever received anything but courtesy here, with my little vintage TT. Not to mention LOTS of great responses to my questions (I've only had her three years and am still remodeling.

There are plenty of threads here of people remodeling their vintage coaches or TT's or 5ers. Great pictures too. I've gotten a lot of ideas, from them, for mine.

Yep, you have found a friendly place with people who will not hesitate to help you out..... you just need to ask.

There is a place, in the Vintage section, to post a photo of your new baby. Would love to see her!

Sheila
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:45 PM   #11

thanks again everyone. i got some cosmetic work to do on her (i am assuming that they are all female!! lol) due to a roof leak but she only has 48,000 miles on her. the seller told me that it had 50k miles but he was mistaken!! that aint nothing on a 460 ford!! i think i will go over to the rvforum.net and leave them a little message!~!~
Old 07-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #12

i probably should not have done it but i did anyway!!

Login
Old 07-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #13

ok i got everything straightened out over there. guess i just got a little to impatient.