Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2015, 10:16 AM   #29

THANK YOU to everyone! My anxiety level has dropped considerably because of your great advice. So, I ordered the surge protector. I already purchased a 40-50 pressure regulator. The filter I bought has a connector hose that will keep it separated from the rig.

Next dumb question: If the site has water and sewer hook-ups, I'm assuming is not the same water source I use to flush out the black tank when we're done. Will there be another water source? Do I need to motor over to the dump station? Or is it the same water source?

Come to think of it, is there any other critical RV etiquette that I should be aware of (e.g. don't run the generator, keep the awning light off)? I suspect a lot of it is common sense. However, I do NOT want to be that guy at the campground on my first trip (this weekend).

Thanks, again!
Live2Hike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2015, 03:59 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2Hike View Post

Next dumb question: If the site has water and sewer hook-ups, I'm assuming is not the same water source I use to flush out the black tank when we're done. Will there be another water source? Do I need to motor over to the dump station? Or is it the same water source?
The sewer line goes from your holding tanks out of your rig into the campsite's sewer intake. Once your valves are pulled/released from your rig (do the black water first so you can flush your hose out with the gray water), the contents from your tanks goes into the sewer.

Your water source will be a faucet line totally separate with fresh water going into your city fill intake or, if you choose, your fresh water tank.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:42 PM   #31

I have a nozzles on the back of my rig to attach a hose and flush out the black tank with fresh water... Wondering what water source to use for that particular nozzle.
Live2Hike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:12 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I have a nozzles on the back of my rig to attach a hose and flush out the black tank with fresh water... Wondering what water source to use for that particular nozzle.
Hmm. I don't have those.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:48 PM   #33

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Quote:

Use the campsite water.
Put a back flow preventer on the campsite spigot and run the hose to your nozzle.
Run water until you get clear water out of the black tank.
A clear connector at the tank outlet makes it a lot easier to know when it's clean.

Mike and Carla
1998 Overland Larado 42' DP 1-slide
Full timing. Here and there.
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california