Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2015, 02:20 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2015, 08:29 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome, glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:59 PM   #17

Hello HavingABlast... Love that inland North County is representing! We're hitting Pinezanita campground up the hill from Julian. I'm a SD native and have driven by there a hundred times during my life, but never camped there. I'm usually in Borrego or Laguna. I believe they have water and power hookups. Fingers crossed.

Love all the advice... Keep it coming! I ordered tire covers and a windshield mask (snuck in a Winnebago hat, as well, so can look the part). Any other "must haves" I might not be thinking of beyond the standard stuff (sewer/water hoses, toilet chemical, etc)? What will I wish I had when I get up there?
Live2Hike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:22 PM   #18

Live2hike, welcome aboard! Regarding RV parts check out Walmart. They stock alot of stuff both in their stores and on line. I live in a small town in Washington state on Whidbey Island. Going through my local wallyu world just today I was surprised at thevariety of stuff they had for RV's. Water hose's, toilet fixtures, surge protecters, Water filters, quick disolve RV toiet tissue, in the store they were even selling little 12 volt pumps in various designs. The type you carry along to pump up your tires out in the "boonies". There were extentions and attachments for sewer disposal lines, and adapters for fifty amp to thirty amp power lines and vice versa. All manner of neat stuff, and the prices were very reasonable. Easily better then dealer. Give them a try!
mr mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:37 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2Hike View Post
Hello HavingABlast... Love that inland North County is representing! We're hitting Pinezanita campground up the hill from Julian. I'm a SD native and have driven by there a hundred times during my life, but never camped there. I'm usually in Borrego or Laguna. I believe they have water and power hookups. Fingers crossed.

Love all the advice... Keep it coming! I ordered tire covers and a windshield mask (snuck in a Winnebago hat, as well, so can look the part). Any other "must haves" I might not be thinking of beyond the standard stuff (sewer/water hoses, toilet chemical, etc)? What will I wish I had when I get up there?
Folding table, gas grill, ( I use a wagner with the small bottles of gas)
We carry a toaster oven too. A five gallon bucket in case of whatever, flashlight batteries, Used to carry a patio mat but decided it was to bulky and a pain to fold. Traded that for a 3x5 rubber door mat. I think it is a good idea to get one of the clear sewer hose connections so you will know when it's flushed enough. Remember to keep the black tank valve closes while in use and you should keep a few inches of water in the black tank to keep any solids from sticking.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:56 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Basic stuff to keep in mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV Connections & accessories.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	559.6 KB
ID:	101358  
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 10:49 PM   #21

ArmandV... Awesome pic. Very helpful. Now I know how to configure my set-up. What's the electric surge protector? Is that different from the 20 - 30 converter?
Live2Hike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:09 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2Hike View Post
ArmandV... Awesome pic. Very helpful. Now I know how to configure my set-up. What's the electric surge protector? Is that different from the 20 - 30 converter?
Welcome to the forum from another SoCal member. The surge protector has nothing to do with the converter. It protects the entire electrical system from any malfunctions that may occur from the electrical pedestal you plug into. An example may be a spike in electricity or a ground interruption and these things can cause damage to your electrical components inside the coach. It is wise to spend the money and get the type that completely shut down the electrical supply if they need to. In regards to the picture, I would put a 90 degree fitting on the water line going into the coach to relieve the strain at the attaching point. Enjoy the coach.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:44 AM   #23

and don't forget a water line pressure regulator ... if you find a place where the pressure is high it could do damage to your water lines/connections in your rig ....

We use Walmart for the general purpose stuff .... and online for most of the rest ...

Enjoy the adventure ....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:54 AM   #24

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Welcome!
Enjoy the new rig.
Lots of great people and information here. Just ask and you will receive!
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:57 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1phx View Post
and don't forget a water line pressure regulator ... if you find a place where the pressure is high it could do damage to your water lines/connections in your rig ....
There is a water pressure regulator in the photo. It's noted.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:03 AM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Hello and Welcome!
My 2 cents on the cover, we use them here because of the sun, even tho we are in PA the sun hits the RV from sun up until sun down and causes damage to everything here. That said, the fifth wheel sat outside, unprotected, for 3 years, the year we put the cover on it was the first year we got mice in the unit. My theory is that the cover touched the ground enough that they now had a way to climb up to gain entry via the exhaust vents. I could be wrong and it could be a coincidence but I follow Gibbs' rules (NCIS) and don't believe in coincidences! So take that in the spirit I am offering it!

On the Road with 13 Rescued Cats
LynnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:11 AM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Possible source for sheets made for strange sized RV beds

Camper/RV Bedding - Camper/RV Sheets - AB Lifestyles
Old 07-29-2015, 09:16 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmandV View Post
There is a water pressure regulator in the photo. It's noted.

sorry ... missed that ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california