Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #29
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi folks! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us! If you get through northeast MS on your trip give us a call. We have a great COE CG here in Columbus. Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #30

Red Wolf 2,

How does the Coachmen Mirada handle the cold on the way down to warmer weather? Do you wait to de-winterize until you get to St George or Vegas?
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Ahh, the Mirada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyorancher View Post
Red Wolf 2,

How does the Coachmen Mirada handle the cold on the way down to warmer weather? Do you wait to de-winterize until you get to St George or Vegas?
The Mirada is a warm weather child. We stop once in Fort Hall, ID and then in Nephi, UT. We carry water in containers to get us by and use the WC with a liner. I de-winterize at Snow Canyon State Park near St. George. Works for us. We use two small space heaters to keep us warm when hooked-up and the furnace to warm up the coach in the AM. It's all good...
Old 12-31-2012, 11:11 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wolf 2 View Post

The Mirada is a warm weather child. We stop once in Fort Hall, ID and then in Nephi, UT. We carry water in containers to get us by and use the WC with a liner. I de-winterize at Snow Canyon State Park near St. George. Works for us. We use two small space heaters to keep us warm when hooked-up and the furnace to warm up the coach in the AM. It's all good...
A rv dealer told me the Mirada also had furnace ducts to all the tanks and wasn't a problem. Are the Mirada tanks in the basement area where they could be heated?
Old 01-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Too Cool for school...

To answer the last question, the Mirada's tanks hang between the frame members, out in the open. No heat except what the weather may offer. We're in Nephi, UT this AM basking in sub-zero temps. Low was minus eleven. Hope it's warmer in St. George...
Old 01-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #34

Very frustating. I have asked both Coachmen & RV dealer. They say all tanks are heated. I guess that means I will have to crawl under every MH I look at.

I appreciate the info.

I usually stop at the truck stop in Nephi over night. Not happy since Dennys took over that restaurant.

Not sure where you stay in Vegas but we really like Arizona Charlies. They treat us better than Sams Town.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #35

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
We're now at Amado, AZ and having the time of our lives. Weather is great and just visited some friends from Helena yesterday. Our next destination is Patagonia Lake State Park, near the Mexican border. It's ALL good.

Passed by us in GreenValley you have a blast there guy.
IRV2-Supporter
Sutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Ahh, the Mirada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyorancher View Post
Very frustating. I have asked both Coachmen & RV dealer. They say all tanks are heated. I guess that means I will have to crawl under every MH I look at.

I appreciate the info.

I usually stop at the truck stop in Nephi over night. Not happy since Dennys took over that restaurant.

Not sure where you stay in Vegas but we really like Arizona Charlies. They treat us better than Sams Town.
We are bypassing Vegas and going to Page, enroute down to Cave Creek Regional Park, a favorite. Very nice here at Snow Canyon State Park, one of our most favorite places. Just ten minutes out of St. George. Don't miss it if you're in the area. In the forties yesterday with full sun. It's easy to see the tanks with the door to the "download" area open. Not much of a crawl, even for these ol' bones.

Green Valley was mentioned by another member. We have snowbird friends there and will be back later in the month.

Thanks all for checking in. Hasta la vista...
Old 01-13-2013, 06:00 AM   #37

Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the forum, you'll learn a lot and have a few laughs along the way!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Hello from Sunny Montana, continued...

We've geen on the road for nearly a month now, down to southern AZ, a night in NM and a couple of week in TX, mostly in State Parks. We bought the TX State Park Pass and saved quite a bit. A few days in LA were a real pleasure. The beauty of the bayous is always a treat. Today we drove I-12 and I-10 through the rest of LA and through MS. We're now at Meaher State Park on Mobile Bay. We'll be here for four nights. Lots to see here. If anyone is around, drop me a message or text at ssash3@gmail.com or 406-431-0615. We'd love to visit... Hasta la vista, amigos!

Quote:
We are bypassing Vegas and going to Page, enroute down to Cave Creek Regional Park, a favorite. Very nice here at Snow Canyon State Park, one of our most favorite places. Just ten minutes out of St. George. Don't miss it if you're in the area. In the forties yesterday with full sun. It's easy to see the tanks with the door to the "download" area open. Not much of a crawl, even for these ol' bones.

Green Valley was mentioned by another member. We have snowbird friends there and will be back later in the month.

Thanks all for checking in. Hasta la vista...
Old 04-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Back to the Northwest and Towbar problems

Quote:
We've geen on the road for nearly a month now, down to southern AZ, a night in NM and a couple of week in TX, mostly in State Parks. We bought the TX State Park Pass and saved quite a bit. A few days in LA were a real pleasure. The beauty of the bayous is always a treat. Today we drove I-12 and I-10 through the rest of LA and through MS. We're now at Meaher State Park on Mobile Bay. We'll be here for four nights. Lots to see here. If anyone is around, drop me a message or text at ssash3@gmail.com or 406-431-0615. We'd love to visit... Hasta la vista, amigos!
We made it safely down to Cudjoe Key and back into Texas, so far. The weather has been mixed with more cold than we'd prefer. The Mirada has performed admirably. I'm having some problems with the Falcon II towbar. One side has rusted up and is stiff. The "latches" weren't hooking properly, but I used brake cleaner to free them up. Yankee ingenuity seems to be the best way to fix things. Their service department isn't much. Told me that I had "carbon build-up." Sheesh!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:54 AM   #40
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Late but
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #41

You are just missing the cld wx up in MT & WY.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #42

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome and glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote