Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
Hello from the east side of Ohio!

Well I’m a few days away from buying a 1979 Honey queens lounge class c motor home. It needs some TLC [tender love and cash]. This is the first R/V I have ever owned and well it will be a learning experience. This r/v has an open floor plan that I may change a bit. The rear inside roof has old water damage, but there are no new leaks. It is in original non hacked shape, but the refrigerator is missing. The outer body is in fair shape with no major damage. On the nose of the overhead the sides are pealing back do to a rot issue. It has no generator, just a battery inverter setup I hope to up date that too. I will have many questions in the future.

Tom Westfall.

tommygfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi Tom, Welcome to iRV2!!

Lot's of people here with vintage rigs who can help you with questions. I have a vintage TT and have asked a lot. Everyone has always been free with their experience and never made me feel foolish, no matter what the question.

I hope that you enjoy it here, as well. Please post photo's of your rig, we love photo's here!

1990 Itasca Suncruiser 32'
1996 V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
7 Pomeranians, a white Chuihuhia & a 1982 Honda Express Scooter
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Welcome to iRV2, Tom. We're glad you're here. You will find a wealth of information from our members, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

Check out & post in the Vintage RV's Forum for any help you need with your new-to-you RV. Also pop on over to the North Central & Pond Piggies Forums for regional campouts. We'd love to have you join us.

Have fun re-doing your MH.

Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:29 PM   #4
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome Tom,
I know your looking forward to redoing you "new" rv. As Larry the Cable Guy says: "Git'ter Done" so that you can enjoy it out in this beautiful country. How about a few before pictures and some along the way to the finished product.
Travel well, travel safe,
2006 Tiffin Phaeton - 2011 Cadillac SRX
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
I got her running today. Winter storage was good to her. I hope to have her home this week. Here are some photos of her I hope this works.

It not here is a page link. Let me know what you think. http://community.webshots.com/album/577173906jpfVYZ
tommygfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:12 AM   #6
Welcome to IRV2 and the best forum in the industry. Your rig takes me back to the '75 ElDorado I started with years ago. Although yours doesn't look too bad, it looks like you may have your work cut out for you with the front overhang. I had leaks in mine that caused rot under the mattress. I think the overhangs were meant ot leak. I also developed rot problems under the rear "fender" areas. Mine had wood frame that was exposed to the elements back there.

I know yu will enjoy your travels in it. Do you have a repair schedule or a projected "first trip"? You may already know there are Vintage and Class C forums listed further down the main menu. And there's a world of information and knowledgeable people for you to tap into. Keep us posted.

Ken, Judy, and the Angels--2005 Fleetwood Southwind--2008 Cargo Trailer--2003 EZGO Golf Cart
Retired and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote

« Betty K | HI, »