Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2011, 08:19 PM   #1

Hello from the Great Northwest

Howdy to all and thanks for the great site. My wife and I just got our first RV together, a Tahoe 23FB that we will tow with our F250 6.0L diesel pickup. We are looking forward to hitting the road after our business sells in March, if all goes well. Headed for Oklahoma first to see my folks then on to Florida for her family and finally wandering our way back to Washington and Whidbey Island where we live. Looking forward to some great information from this site and we will try and keep you up on our travels.

Phil

USN Retired
FloridaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #2

Good luck in your travels, Phil. We're in Anacortes and plan to keep a home base here, no matter where our RV travels take us.

My sister, who lives in the UK, reckons that Anacortes is where God goes on vacation. We tend to agree.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #3

Welcome aboard Phil. I'm sure you will find this forum very informative. Good luck on the sale of your business and safe travels.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:38 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome Phil,
As y'all are cruising into Florida on I-10, plan a stop at the campground on NAS Pensacola. I understand it's real nice. Give me a buzz (PM) and the 1st round is on me.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:17 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Welcome!

psikes (Phil):

Hi from Benson, AZ, and a BIG WELCOME to iRV2.

Pretty chilly temps down here in ol Arizona. Got down to 6 degrees (F) last night and this morning (Fri., 2/4) it's currently 27-F at 6 a.m. Daytime temps 40's to low 50's!! DANG!...this aint what snowbirding is supposed to be all about.

We've been fulltiming since 05 and have visited your home area and stayed in Anacortes and sure do LOVE IT there. It's probably even much warmer, eh? Might have to go NORTH next winter.

So,...when ya think you'll hit Florida? We're heading that way also. Have to be in Tampa for son's retirement from Air Force after 21 yrs. and 4 middle eastern tours. As an E-7 EOD (Explosive Ordinance Disposal) guy, BOY!..are we ever glad to have him outta there.

Anyway, have a great trip with your Tahoe and we hope to meet ya down the road sometime.

Again, WELCOME!

Steve & Lynette
Old 02-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #6

Thanks for all the welcomes and quick replies. If the sale of our business goes through as we hope, we should leave Whidbey in early April.

Our weather has been pretty nice this winter but lots of Pacific Northwest rain this year have made things a bit soggy lately. This will always be home for us. We both love the NW and can't imagine living anywhere else.

My son-in-law retired form the Navy almost 2 years ago as an EOD tech. also and I don't even remember how many tours in those desert lands he made. Mighty glad to have him home and safe as well.

I will send updated travel plans as they occur.

Thanks - Phil
Old 02-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #7

Steve:

At 07:00 this morning, Anacortes was at 46 degrees and today's high will be around 50. Of course, it's 500 broken, 1200 overcast, 3/4 mile vis, rain and fog. It's a bit better than your weather and it sure beats -10 and 3 ft of snow. I wonder if those Boeing execs who relocated the HQ to Chicago are enjoying their weather!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #8

Hello From Michigan

Welcome,

We are newbies ourselves and are excited about traveling...We are still trying to figure out where we want to go...Florida or Arizonia this Coming December. Gosh from what you see on the news it's been a brrrr winter for quite a few. Looking forward to meeting a lot of new friends in our travels...Hope to see you all on the road someday and good luck selling your business. We will have to check out the Anacortes someday.
miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:55 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Frank & Eileen:

We really enjoy the rainy, foggy, seacoast atmosphere,..... at least till the mold gets too thick to close the slides !

Steve & Lynette
Old 02-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome aboard!! I am also a newbie. I'm sure you are making a lot of travel plans. There are a number of good military campgrounds between you and Florida. My wife and I have used a lot of them in the past 13 years on the road. Some are better than others, but most all are worth a try.

Our best wishes for your business sale and your upcoming travels.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:18 PM   #11

Back fro Seattle and our last trade show along with our new store owners to be. Lots of fun and kind of bittersweet to see all of our vendors for the last time. But, a new chapter in our lives is emerging and we are ready to go.

It looks like the sale of our business is now just a matter of paper work and we will be ready to go soon. Thanks for all the encouraging words and we hope to meet a bunch of you during our travels.

My wife and I are both ham radio operators and musicians and are looking forward to many happy chats and music sessions while on the road.

See you there soon.

Phil - N7UX and Lydia - K7LET
Old 02-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by psikes View Post
Back fro Seattle and our last trade show along with our new store owners to be. Lots of fun and kind of bittersweet to see all of our vendors for the last time. But, a new chapter in our lives is emerging and we are ready to go.

It looks like the sale of our business is now just a matter of paper work and we will be ready to go soon. Thanks for all the encouraging words and we hope to meet a bunch of you during our travels.

My wife and I are both ham radio operators and musicians and are looking forward to many happy chats and music sessions while on the road.

See you there soon.

Phil - N7UX and Lydia - K7LET
Welcome Phil & Lydia from a fellow ham. You have found a great place for rv information and more, and a place to make new friends. You will find there are quite a few active members from around the NW. Have many fond memories growing up of a weekend beach place south of Anacortes. Again, welcome, and visit and post often.

Jerry & Barb

Monaco38 is offline   Reply With Quote