Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #1

Hello from Trempealeau WI

Hello All,

Glad to have found this community. Very interesting and helpful.

We just bought our motorhome last fall, and didn't realize the extent of RV communities and fun involved.

We bought an 85 Pace Arrow, V29 model. we are enjoying using it and debugging it. you have to be willing to work on them when you get them this old. let's just say it's been a bit of an adventure.

Took it on longest ride so far, 400 miles. gaining confidence in it's ability to travel long distance before we head to yellowstone!

Glad to be a part of it, way better than I ever expected. will be around for a long time.

This seems to be a nice friendly community and forum!

still need to get used to all your acronyms. I think MH is motorhome???

luebkeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Hey, welcome aboard. We're from the Madison area originally, I'm now calling what had been our second home my primary residence, since retiring a couple months ago. I'm now in central WI.

It's been a few years since we've camped at Perrott state park. I also used to do a lot of business with an auto salvage yard up there, Elmers. Not sure it's still there. The owner used to have an extensive collection of antique cars, which he began selling off and then started collecting pedal cars! Years ago I travelled to the LaCrosse / Sparta / Tomah area frequently on business.

Let me encourage you to post often, and ask many questions. Someone here has 'been there, done that', and probably has the T-shirt to prove it.

Have fun. Yellowstone is a great place to visit. That reminds me, it's about time we get back there too. Too many adventures, not enough time or money.

Happy Trails...
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:57 PM   #3

Welcome,
yes mh = motorhome
From WI also Appleton area.
Have fun with the mh we sure do.

Ed
Old 08-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #4

Welcome aboard, and may you have many safe, fun and trouble free journeys.

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:08 AM   #5

Hello JMonroe

I live right across the street from Perrot State park. It's ironic that we live next to one of the nicest scenic parks in the state of WI but we travel around to camp.

Elmer is doing fine and well. He still opens his museum several weekends a summer. you are right, he has a huge collection of nice cars, and pedal cars. About selling them off, I'm not sure Elmer ever sold one of his cars

The guy even has a Model A in his living room!

thanks for the words of encouragement!

see you on the road sometime!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:09 AM   #6

Hello EdS,

I too am from the Appleton area, born and raised in Neenah and Menasha.

we took our MH there last weekend!

thanks!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:23 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, caught my eye being from Wisconsin, raised in Milwaukee, now living in Portage, Wi. ask all the ? you want, I do, and I get alot of answers too, great place, friendly , helpful bunch of folks here.