Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
HELLO!! I'm a newbie too!

Hello, everyone! I'm new to IRV2 and have already learned a wealth from many of the posts. I have to say this is a fantastic forum and I'm glad to have stumbled on to it.

I have a 2001 Winnebago Adventurer. I haven't had it too long and am still learning the in's and out's about it. I'm guessing its a model P32, but all my paperwork says it's a Model WPG32V.

I'm going to install Koni shocks and new coil springs here in the next couple weeks. I'm also going to go through the brakes, batteries, wheel bearings etc etc etc... It seems as if the more I think about it the more things that goes on the list.... And that's only my list, I'm not sure what's on the Honey-Do list yet!

Hopefully I get everything wrapped up soon. I'm looking at a week in Sequoia National Park or somewhere else in the Sierra's

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #2

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Welcome to forum and good luck on your fix ups. Many happy and safe miles.

DRosedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum!

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis

Be sure to take full advantage of the wealth of information to be found here. Don't be shy about asking questions, or in contributing when and where you can.

In case you haven't picked up on this, we LOVE photos here too!

Happy trails...
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:59 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to iRV2 & enjoy
Camping4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:37 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Hey, CHIEF!

Former USCG Medical Corpsman here from back in late 60's!! Old fart. Wife and I now are retired and travel full time in our MH towing. Sold house and stuff back in Duluth, Minnesota back in 05 and have been on the road since. It's a hoot!! It always surprises me how many former Coasties we run in to.

Good luck with your Adventurer. What kind of travelin are ya planning....long trips, short trips,....where ya heading? Would be fun to run into you somewhere. Enjoy the rig.

Steve & Lynette
Old 05-30-2011, 08:21 PM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey Chief, (and Chickadee)

Welcome to this site from another Coastie. Are there really that many of us?
I installed Koni's on my WH chassis last fall. OMG what a difference. You will love the ride.

So when do we exchange duty sites/stations? Can anybody say they served as a lighthouse keeper? Rough duty in Bar Harbor Maine. Somebody had to do it,,,,,,,,,,,
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 07:58 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaball View Post
Hey Chief, (and Chickadee)

Welcome to this site from another Coastie. Are there really that many of us?
I installed Koni's on my WH chassis last fall. OMG what a difference. You will love the ride.

So when do we exchange duty sites/stations? Can anybody say they served as a lighthouse keeper? Rough duty in Bar Harbor Maine. Somebody had to do it,,,,,,,,,,,
Go onto face book and type in your old friends names. You will be surprised on how many you find. I have found friends that I haven't seen in 40 years! That is the site to reconnect!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:11 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hey, bdaball:

Used to serve on the Cowslip out of S. Portland. In addition to aids to nav, serviced (water & fuel) lighthouses all along the Maine coast. Corpsman didn't have much to do aboard so I also struck for Underway Quartermaster while there. Absolutely great memories. Have been back to Bar Harbor a couple times since and sure like that area. We experienced a .3 earthquake on our last visit (I think back in 06 about). Didn't know what it was at first...rig shaking, etc.

Steve
Old 06-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hello Shipmates!

Great to see how many Coasties are here on the forum. I had my fun on a 180 in Kodiak. CGC Firebush, that was '94-'96. Loved them black hulls, although those 180s road like a washtub... the new225s are where it's at.

I have a huge worklist for my coach that I'm currently doing. Afterwards, we're gonna load up and go to Sequoia's, Yosemite, Tahoe, Lassen Volcano Nat'l Park.

I love my duty station right now. I'm going to school to pursue my degree. I've only just begun and classes don't begin until end of the month. So, I currently have a lot of time on my hands to go get the maintenance done and check these places out.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Juanita,

although the site isn't quite what it used to be in the beginning, Fredsplace.org is a site built by a Coastie trying to connect to old shipmates. I haven't been on there for years, but that's another place to go.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:58 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
USCG TWO:

On Kodiak hey? I spent first year assigned to Annette Is., Air Station, (Ketchikan). Took flying lessons from a bush pilot (licensed instructor) on the island, soloed, and still fondly recall those days flying among the mtns. watching waterfalls and chasing whales. Didn't know it then, but it doesn't get much better than that. Have been back to Alaska a couple times since and still am amazed at the fabulous country, especially along the coast with the sea air. That's why I enjoyed Maine so much also.

Ahhhhh......those "good ol days !!"

THAT DOES IT.......back to Alaska next summer !!!!!!!!

Steve & Lynette
Old 06-02-2011, 07:38 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Welcome to the forum Chief,

I'm retired Army 1996. But have an uncle that's retired Coast Guard. I remember watching Neil Armstrong walk on the moon in 1969 from my uncles living room when he was stationed on Governers Island in NY. I've visited him in Bucks Harbor. What gorgeous country that is. Fresh lobster right off the boat, a memory to cherish for a lifetime.

Welcome to the forum. There's some really good folks on here who will help out with nearly any questions you have. Seems, every time I started roaming around the site I learn something new. We're new the RV'ing thing too, having just purchased an 05 National Dolphin in December. First official camping trip with it is tomorrow through Monday. In the beautiful Plumas National Forest, 26 miles from home. We'll venture out to the open road eventually for longer trips, but we figure for the first year will be shorter, close to home trips. Living in Northern Nevada and having Lake Tahoe right over the hill gives us plenty of great places that can be gotten to in a couple of hours.

Enjoy your motorhome bud!
Old 06-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks Wolfpack... We've only owned our coach for a year. Our first big trip was a month after buying it, we went from the bay area and made it all the way to Atlanta and back. Wife, 2 babies (ages 1 & 2) a german shephard and yes I had to bring the cat too. That's the cat that my 2 year old has the strangle hold on.

I loved AK Chikadee, I never wanted to leave. My first unit there was in Ketchikan, LORSTA Shoal Cove (a.k.a. USCG Rod & Gun club). Then Kodiak followed by Attu. Was headed to Seward to the cutter Mustang and injured my knee playing basketball. My orders were canx while in Yorktown, I never made it back to AK.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P6190069.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	10787