Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #1

Question Hello! New Member from Virginia

Hello Everyone!

'Just signed up .. My name is WILL, from Roanoke, VA ... & 'have an '88 Travelmaster Signature (class C).

I've been doing a lot of searching for technical details -- specifically an engine & fuel/emissions wiring diagram -- with not too much success.

It seems to be somewhat of an obscure set-up: w/ a carbeureted small-block "M" series Chevy V8 on a P30 base van chassis. Here are the specs; Can anyone point me in the direction of a fuel/emissions/ECM wiring diagram????

1988 Chevy P30 (14500lb.) with:
5.7L (350c.i.) M-series (a.k.a.: LT9) V-8: with 4bbl Quadrajet carb.

(PS: I can find more info than I'd ever want to know on the "K" fuel-injected Chevy V8s - but not on the "M" engine.)

Thanks!!! .. & hoping I can be of some help to others in the future.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #2

Welcome

Howdy, Will. Welcome to IRV2. We're neighbors, sort of. I'm over in Craig County, next door to Roanoke.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome fellow Virginian. We live on SML in Huddleston and I work in Roanoke.

I can't help with your technical question. You may want to post the question on the Workhorse forum or maybe in the Vintage RV area. While Workhorse is not Chevrolet, they did inherit the P-series chassis some years ago. Maybe one of those folks might have some idea where to look for the data?????

Another suggestion is to check with Donnie at Wood's Automotive in Vinton. I have a friend who had a late '60's Chevrolet PU with a 350 engine. There was a mechanic at Wood's who was the only guy around who could fix his carb problems.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #4

Thanks! I live near Vinton & am familiar with Woods.

PS: I'm semi-retired & new to RV-ing. Can you suggest any locations around SML for short and/or long term RV sites. I have a home-built fishing dory so water access is a must. 'Can live w/o lot's of other bells & whistles and don't have a family. I live realatively close to the northern-lake Hardy Ford area -- But, distance from Roanoke is not a huge factor.

Thanks again, Will C., Roanoke
Old 06-20-2012, 11:56 AM   #5

Thanks for the reply, Randy. 'Nice country up your way!

I'm familiar with much of SW VA and so. WV -- but haven't been up your way very often. Can you suggest any RV sites in your area or to the north? I fish -- & have and enjoy canoeing & kayaking. Prefer out-of-the-way spots.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum and happy travels, unfortunately can't help you with your technical issue.

Van.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hello Will, welcome to IRV2. Hope you are able to find your answers and find a great place to camp. Safe travels.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #8

Will, there's a nice little campground out from Floyd called Daddy Rabbit's. Very nice and peaceful. No fishing, though. Close to the Parkway and about 8 miles from Chateau Moricet winery. Nice folks own and operate the campground. Stayed there last year and just unwound. I Just bought my rig last year and that's the only place I've been so far. Been doing some renovations and waiting until I finish to take it out again. Almost done, looking forward to mid=summer and fall.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Welcome to the family.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc4usa View Post
Thanks! I live near Vinton & am familiar with Woods.

PS: I'm semi-retired & new to RV-ing. Can you suggest any locations around SML for short and/or long term RV sites. I have a home-built fishing dory so water access is a must. 'Can live w/o lot's of other bells & whistles and don't have a family. I live realatively close to the northern-lake Hardy Ford area -- But, distance from Roanoke is not a huge factor.

Thanks again, Will C., Roanoke
Will, there is always SML State Park but I believe they have a 14 day max stay. On Rt. 608 (Whitehouse Road) there is a new RV park called Sweetwater RV Park. They allow both short term and some longer term stays. It is a nice park with a pool. It is about 6 miles from the lake though....most near location to launch would be Mitchell's Marina on Craddock Creek. There is one called Eagle's Roost on Rt. 626 a few miles past the State Park. It is more 'rustic' and they do allow long term stays. They have lake access, wet slips, etc.

Tom Buck is developing a new RV 'Resort' at the old Camper's Paradise location on Rt. 122 near Hales Ford Bridge on the Bedford side. That is the location of Jakes restaurant which is quite good. There is a boat ramp and both wet and covered slips there. They are seeking folks who want to sign up for seasonal sites now. The sign says they will be ready by June 29 but I think that is a bit optimistic based on what I see of the construction.

'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is online now   Reply With Quote