Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 05-26-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hello to all!

Another newbie here. 20 years ago we had a Travelcraft Class C for a few years, and this past week broke down and bought a 2003 Bounder. Found it on the internet in southern California, and 2750 miles later, here it is in Pennsylvania.

Heck of a shakedown trip - only had 5 days off to get it home. We had one scare - in Arizona the cruise control kicked off and I looked down and saw a message on the dash saying "engine operating at reduced power," and it really was - limp mode I've heard it called. Luckily we were at an exit, so we pulled right off. Shutdown, checked everything out, restarted and the engine appeared fine but we had the check engine light illuminated. Drove it to the nearest garage, restarted it for the mechanic, and the light was now gone! Ran great for the remaining 2000+ miles.

I've heard that there was probably some kind of emissions glitch that caused the computer to protect the engine, but when I get it inspected maybe I'll have them check the old codes that came up.

So far we're very happy with our new/old Bounder and we're looking forward to our first leisurely trip. I've already pulled some very good info from these forums. Thanks!

Allentown, PA
Foulwx is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on your new coach and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find this place very helpful as you get back into the RV swing of things.

Glad your first problem with the coach was self correcting.

Rick, Nancy, Peanut & Lola our Westie Dogs & Bailey the Sheltie.

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome aboard and glad you made it home with the new "toy".

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Originally Posted by Bounder35R View Post
Another newbie here. 20 years ago we had a Travelcraft Class C for a few years, and this past week broke down and bought a 2003 Bounder. Found it on the internet in southern California, and 2750 miles later, here it is in Pennsylvania.
Been there, done that. Your story is similar to ours. Rented a "C" 20 years ago for a week. Bought a DP last December in Florida and drove it home 2400 miles. Good luck with your new coach.
2001 National Tradewinds 7370 300 Cat
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Officially fulltiming. The Journey Begins
Vegasdan is offline   Reply With Quote