Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-20-2016, 08:56 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
Hi

I bought a 2007 Fleetwood Pegasus Ultralite camper a couple weeks ago and took my first ever camper trip this week. I now understand the reality of various RVing movies that have been made. I always assumed they were exaggerated. Our camper has had problems one after another. I have figured out the fridge, freezer, which handle is for black and which is for grey water, and the light switches. The sewer outlet is at the back and the water is all the wait at the front, which posed an issue our first night, but I purchased a long 25' water hose solving that problem. We continue to experiment with getting the camper level and using the stabilizer legs. They are a bit stripped out so the tool for lowering them is not working well, but a wrench works. It's just a dirty job if it's raining and muddy!

Black water won't dump all the way and typically gets stuck at 2/3 full. So my first question is if there are sewer products that work better than others? I am using the special toilet paper, but should we just stop putting the paper in completely? I have been able to empty it by using a long toilet wand that sprays water around the tank which does unstop the drain, but it is not something I want to have to do every time! Sometimes the water pipe is too far away and my hose won't reach.

There is a double switch on the bottom cabinet that has a lightening strike on one side and a flame on the other and one red light. I get that means electric and gas, but I can't find it described in the manual anywhere. Sometimes the light comes on and sometimes it doesn't. What does switch and when should I have one or the other switched on? What does the light represent?

There is a rubber strip around the door that is supposed to cover the screws. It has come loose and is so oxidized that it won't mold back into place. Can this be purchased or do I have to take it to an rv repair shop?

I misjudged a turn at a gas station and rubbed the side of the camper on a cement pole. No serious damage, but one of the compartment doors got jammed. Any recommendations for removing rubbed on paint?

I could not figure out how to light the pilot in the oven. Looked through all of the manuals and there isn't one for the oven/stovetop. The main manual just says to "light the pilot". I read on another forum that I should turn on the stovetop burners, then turn the oven knob to Pilot and put a lighter toward the back. I haven't tried it yet because...

This morning I woke up to an inoperable a/c, only a few lights working, and no outlets. I checked the breaker outside and it was flipped and very hot. Resetting it did not fix anything, so now I am worried that something is wrong with my electrical system. None of the inside breakers were flipped. Couldn't check the fuses without some kind of pliers to pull them out. Not having had my coffee is was too much for me.

I gave up for today, packed everything up and am headed home. Took time for a coffee and hot breakfast stop at a great truck stop with wifi, so I could join this forum and try to get some help. Thanks in advance to anyone who has advice.
__________________

__________________
Gabieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2016, 09:12 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90
 
MSHappyCampers's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Columbus, MS
Posts: 24,892
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Don't worry, you'll get it figured out! It would help if you had a friend who is an experienced RV'er to help!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabieb View Post
I bought a 2007 Fleetwood Pegasus Ultralite camper a couple weeks ago and took my first ever camper trip this week. I now understand the reality of various RVing movies that have been made. I always assumed they were exaggerated. Our camper has had problems one after another. I have figured out the fridge, freezer, which handle is for black and which is for grey water, and the light switches. The sewer outlet is at the back and the water is all the wait at the front, which posed an issue our first night, but I purchased a long 25' water hose solving that problem. We continue to experiment with getting the camper level and using the stabilizer legs. They are a bit stripped out so the tool for lowering them is not working well, but a wrench works. It's just a dirty job if it's raining and muddy!

Quote:
Black water won't dump all the way and typically gets stuck at 2/3 full. So my first question is if there are sewer products that work better than others? I am using the special toilet paper, but should we just stop putting the paper in completely? I have been able to empty it by using a long toilet wand that sprays water around the tank which does unstop the drain, but it is not something I want to have to do every time! Sometimes the water pipe is too far away and my hose won't reach.
You'll get many opinions on this, but we have been using the Happy Camper tank treatment for 15 years and wouldn't have anything else! It dissolves just about all the "stuff", including the toilet paper, and keeps the smell down. Just Google "happy camper tank treatment". You can get it from Amazon, but it's much more expensive! Get it from 5star Happy Camper.


Quote:
There is a double switch on the bottom cabinet that has a lightening strike on one side and a flame on the other and one red light. I get that means electric and gas, but I can't find it described in the manual anywhere. Sometimes the light comes on and sometimes it doesn't. What does switch and when should I have one or the other switched on? What does the light represent?
Your interpretation is correct. We keep the electric on all the time when hooked to shore power, and turn the gas on before taking showers so the hot water will last longer. You can have both on without any problem. The red light will come on when you first turn on the gas, then it will go off after the gas ignites.

Quote:
There is a rubber strip around the door that is supposed to cover the screws. It has come loose and is so oxidized that it won't mold back into place. Can this be purchased or do I have to take it to an rv repair shop?
It's doubtful you will find that. You may just have to find some rubber molding at an auto parts store and make it work.

Quote:
I misjudged a turn at a gas station and rubbed the side of the camper on a cement pole. No serious damage, but one of the compartment doors got jammed. Any recommendations for removing rubbed on paint?
Try rubbing compound from an auto parts store.

Quote:
I could not figure out how to light the pilot in the oven. Looked through all of the manuals and there isn't one for the oven/stovetop. The main manual just says to "light the pilot". I read on another forum that I should turn on the stovetop burners, then turn the oven knob to Pilot and put a lighter toward the back. I haven't tried it yet because...
You just put the knob on the "Pilot" position, but you need to know where to put the flame. You should be able to see it with a good light!

Quote:
This morning I woke up to an inoperable a/c, only a few lights working, and no outlets. I checked the breaker outside and it was flipped and very hot. Resetting it did not fix anything, so now I am worried that something is wrong with my electrical system. None of the inside breakers were flipped. Couldn't check the fuses without some kind of pliers to pull them out. Not having had my coffee is was too much for me.
It could be a problem inside, but most likely it's a defective breaker on the campground power pole. Just try again next time you go out.

I gave up for today, packed everything up and am headed home. Took time for a coffee and hot breakfast stop at a great truck stop with wifi, so I could join this forum and try to get some help. Thanks in advance to anyone who has advice.
Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
__________________

__________________
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:18 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
beamisl's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: MI
Posts: 3,195
Gabieb,

Welcome to the Forum! Sorry you are having such a bad time of it. Go to your User CP info and fill out the info on your rig. It helps people to help you.

At the top there is an "Owner's Forum" and Fleetwood is under that. To get rig specific info this would probably be a good place to post or under General Discussion. Someone with more info than I will be able to come on and help you.

The question with the black tank is often answered by using plenty of water. Water keeps things moving and watered down so they don't dry out. Helps with flushing the tank when you empty. Always black tank first then grey to rinse the hose.

Hope you get the issues taken care of. When we bought our MH the PO had added extension cords because some fuses had burned out. She lost a lot of money for that mistake because she sold the rig with electrical issues. 2 fuses, $1.50. We always carry extra with us.

Good luck, Lynne
__________________
Less than 3 months and I retire!
Lynne and Jerry RVM 105
2004 Winnebago Itasca Sunova (Miss May) Blue Ox Tow Bar /2015 Equinox
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:15 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
rvtrekers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 602
__________________
Bill & Laurie | 2016 Monaco Trek 26HMD - CHF - Roadmaster RSSA Steering Stabilizer - SuperSteer SS400 Trac Bar | 2005 Honda Element - Blue Ox Alpha Tow Bar - RVIBrake2 System | TireMinder TPMS |
rvtrekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 02:50 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
Smile Thanks

Thank you for the replies and suggestions!
__________________
Gabieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:45 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
AKOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Alaska
Posts: 320
Gabieb, hope you don't get too frustrated. There is a lot to learn and you have come to the right place. Suggest you tackle one issue at a time, search the Owner's Forum for your rig and read about others experiences. You will find many people willing to help. Keep in mind, used RVs will require work and if you are handy all the better. Many of us bought use and survived!
__________________

__________________
Tim & Ruth
Alpine Coach 1999 40FDS, 350 ISC
Project Restoration
AKOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.