Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
Hi all.....looking for your help

I am a new member from LA (lower Alabama). We just got a Keystone Springdale travel trailer. We are looking forward to spending time in it while enjoying the outdoors. We want to begin by staying close to home, and then start venturing out farther as we acclimate ourselves to the new way of traveling.

Does anyone have any great suggestions for campgrounds in south Alabama, southeast Mississippi, southwest Georgia,or the Florida panhandle?

Sanjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
Country Coach Owners Club
I just spent 11 days in Bella Terra Luxury RV Resort, about 10 miles from the coast in southern AL. What a beautiful camp site! Unfortunately for you, it is only for Class A motor homes. I'm not from the area, but there are quite a few nice camp sites in the area. Perhaps some one else would chime in with some pointers/suggestions.
All the best,

srh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:16 AM   #3
Florida Cooters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
KZ RV Club
Have a look at Ft. Pickens over by Gulf Breeze/P-cola beaches. It's a National park, and close to the beach, and a nice walkthrough of the old fort there as well.

You didn't say how big the trailer is, but anything much over 25 foot or so, you'll want to reserve in the A-ring, the others are pretty tight to get into, especially if you're just getting used to the new rig.

I got mine into a site on the A-ring, but there wasn't a lot left over.

Good luck, and have fun!
'12 F-450 Lariat
05 KZ 45' Escalade Toy Hauler
00 Harley Road King, 94 Dyna Wide Glide, 83 FXR
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hello, welcome to IRV2. I can't help with campgrounds but I am sure you will get some responses soon. Safe travels.
Brenda and Frank, FTers, Zebulon, NC
Raisin our mixed hound and our cat BooBoo.
2004 37' Holiday Rambler Vacationer
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #5
Welcome to the forum and happy travels,

My website describes the conversion of my Dodge B-250 van into a small RV. I deal with a lot of woodworking, but hope to be quite specific on solar as well.
cargovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
There are several in LA and Fl panhandle. Gulf Shores State park is nice and has plenty of spaces. Navare beach, Santa Rosa, Pensacola, Destin and Sandestin all have nice parks. Florida has some nice state parks in Destin and Sandestin area, Henderson Beach and Topsail Hill. Check on availibility as they stay booked during the summer. Check RVparkreviews for Gulf Shores and Destin, they will give you plenty of options.
2006 Itasca Suncruiser 38T
Traveling with Westies, Max, Ellie and new addition Sophie.
bobbyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Try East Bank on Lake Seminole in SW GA. Corps of Engineers park and really nice. Only water and electric hookups but they do have a dump station.

Take plenty of ant medicine and dust around each wheel and anything else that touches the ground though. Ajax is good some of the campers there say.

2012 Tiffin Phaeton 36QSH Diesel Pusher, TireTraker TPMS
'08 Honda CRV Protect-a-Tow
burfurd is offline   Reply With Quote