Originally Posted by JeannieH
Gordon , Believe me if we could we would pack up today, and head out to be full timers. Just one small problem, we know the TT we have now would never make it so we need a new Fver / MH A / MH C and CAN NOT find one that we both can agree on.
You have to keep looking and be patient. You will find something eventually. There are a number of things we sat down and discussed. Our conclusions were applied to all of the units we looked at.
1) how much cooking and preparation we do inside. We like to cook but resist cooking inside because of odors, etc. We preferred a larger preparation area and smaller cooking area. We like to cook together so enough counter space so we both could work was important.
2) how much entertaining will you do inside. Will it be meals or just drinks and appi's? How many guests will you usually plan for?
3) We had to have a washer dryer. I was going to install a pair in the 5er but we moved to the coach which will have the pair.
4) Do you need lots of fridge storage or will you be close to ammenities. Generally unless you are spending days out boon docking you will be out and about so stopping at stores every couple days will be possible.
5) Are you going to move locations quite often or stop and stay for 3-4+ weeks? Everyone seems to gravitate to 5er for longer stays and MH for frequent location changes. We extended stay but are going to a MH and a stacker to carry the toys and car.
6) What size bed do you want? Do you want a walk around bed?
7) Bath and a half or large bathroom?
8) What will you do if the weather is inclement or you are house bound for a few days? Do you share well or do you like your own space?
9) What hobbies will you be pursuing and how will they fit into the space you have?
10) What other conveniences would you like? Self leveling, auto satellite, power awnings, central vac, . . . . . .
If you can answer these questions I think your space will be quite well defined. Then all is left is color choice and material selection.
There are lots of threads about quality of units. Some are better than others, prices vary. Hopefull you will be spending considerable time in the replacement unit so the important thing is to get something that fits you as closely as possible. Repairs can be an irritant but they can be fixed. Floor plan and some of the conveniences are tough to change or retrofit.