Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 08-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
Hi Folks - Just joined this august group!

Have been RV'ing in one form or another including starting with a rental some 10 years ago so we are not newbies. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to poking around on this excellent board, especially in the review section. I normally check out RV Reviews but from what I have seen, at first blush, you folks have a leg up.

aka Aftica

Aftica is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #2

Heartland RV Club
Welcome to IRV2 ,great bunch of people here ,do you have a rig now? or just getting ready for one? I bought my last coach without doing any research
It sure was pretty ...but beauty is only skin deep. I was lucky to get out of it before the hole swallowed me up.

Wayne and Debbie
2014 Gateway 3650BH
2008 F350 dually diesel .
Tallyrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
Hi Wayne

Our first was a Pleasure-Way but my older knees could not handle getting food out of the frig and sleeping arrangments were the pits.

Moved up to a Class C Lexington which was much, much better but regretfully, bad quality control on the interior. We ran that puppy through Yellowstone and down to Sarasota.

Last year, spoke to the bank (lol) and moved up to a 2008 Winnebago with only 6000 miles on the clock. Wow! Talk about a quality product. Super QC.

Off to Manitoulin Island (largest fresh-water island in the world) on Friday.

Still running my own business so having WiFi is rather critical. lol

What did you end up with after you discovered the size of the hole?

Old 08-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
Send a message via Yahoo to GreatWhite Send a message via Skype™ to GreatWhite
Welcome, Bob... Been thru a number of RV's from tents to VW busses with home made sleeping arrangements. Later to a cabover in my P/U and then to a 16' tow trailer. First motorized was an older Tioga. Never cared for that. Sold it for an 29' Alpenlite fiver. Thought we would "full time" soon so got a Hitchhiker 33' luxury yacht.. wonderful rig, but finally opted for this latest purchase.. the 37' HR motorhome.

Everything had it's issues.. and I'm sure I'll find some with this one.. the first being the amount of fuel it uses. Fortunately, we are now only doing shorter trips rather than halfway across the country..

Enjoy the change... We always do. RV'ing is an adventure.. in more ways than one...
Bill Splaine, Santa Rosa, CA N6GHG
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T, Recumbent trikes, Brewing, Woodcarving and Ukulele
GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:00 AM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bob! We're happy to have you! Just jump right in!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:10 AM   #6
Bob, Welcome to the forum....
John, Deb; & our dog, Benji, Forever in our hearts.
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS V-10
2011 Jeep Liberty Jet & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:12 AM   #7
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hey Bob, glad you joined. A lot of great people here. Have fun in your travels, be safe and Happy Motoring!!!
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Florida (Winter)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:29 AM   #8
Good Morning and thanks All