Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi from a Florida newbie

Hello all.

My husband, Tom, and I are about to make the move into part-time RVing. This is new for us, but something we've talked about for years. When he retired from teaching at the local college last year, we started serious research. One of the many questions we had was, Can we really take our 4 cats with us? Thanks to wonderful sites like this one, we decided we can and said, Let's go for it.

After months of research and traveling several hundred miles to see, in the flesh (so to speak), a Winnebago Vista 30W, we came home and ordered one equipped the way we wanted. It's due for delivery August 30th. While we wait, I've traded my beloved Solara convertible for a 2008, 4 door, hard top Wrangler Unlimited 4X4 which brings me back to the SUVs I drove for years as a residential contractor. This much more suitable toad will get us to the remote areas where we like to day hike or just enjoy the road less traveled.

Thanks to all of you for the information and advice you've shared. I hope we'll get meet some day.

Fran

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2010, 03:25 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You are in for a great journey. We also had a cat that traveled with us and it worked out great. She was a scaredy cat and loved to walk on a leash. She liked knowing she had US on the leash so we could protect her !! Enjoy your travels.

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:26 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridafran View Post
Hello all.

My husband, Tom, and I are about to make the move into part-time RVing. This is new for us, but something we've talked about for years. When he retired from teaching at the local college last year, we started serious research. One of the many questions we had was, Can we really take our 4 cats with us? Thanks to wonderful sites like this one, we decided we can and said, Let's go for it.

After months of research and traveling several hundred miles to see, in the flesh (so to speak), a Winnebago Vista 30W, we came home and ordered one equipped the way we wanted. It's due for delivery August 30th. While we wait, I've traded my beloved Solara convertible for a 2008, 4 door, hard top Wrangler Unlimited 4X4 which brings me back to the SUVs I drove for years as a residential contractor. This much more suitable toad will get us to the remote areas where we like to day hike or just enjoy the road less traveled.

Thanks to all of you for the information and advice you've shared. I hope we'll get meet some day.

Fran
Hello Fran and welcome to IRV2. I used to have a Winn. and was quite pleased with it for the 5 years I owned it. I'm sure you will be too.

I live in Palm Beach, so a double welcome from Florida.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Hi Fran & Tom,
Just wanted to say welcome to the RV world. Your upcoming experiences & journeys will be very rewarding for you two and the cats.
Can't wait to hear some of the stories following your journeys.
My wife Sharon (a Vero Beach native) and I live full time in Vero Beach but hit the road in the MH at least once a month and sometimes more. We thoroughly enjoy each & every outing.
Deerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome from another Floridian - 16 years in Boca Raton and the last 17 years near Ocala.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:05 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for the welcome. This month is going to be soooo long. Although it does give us time to research things like tow bars and breaking systems before we commit to something. It's so hard to decide.

And I forgot to mention in my first post where we are. We're up in the Florida panhandle at Pensacola Beach. Which, right now I'm happy to say, is oil-less.