Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2010, 07:07 AM   #1

Cool Hi! From Eastern Canada

My wife and I are just getting back into 'camping'. We have a 36' 1998 Allegro Bay that we purchased late 2009. We've had 5 trips so far this year, the longest being 24-days that included 5 different campgrounds in our home province of Nfld. Experienced a loss of our Auto Park and that has yet to be resolved. Looking forward to many more outings.
rvnfld is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thumbs up RVgreetings

WELCOME to the iRV2 family... Wish you many happy trips in your RV, maybe to come out WEST.

TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:44 AM   #3

We had been living in Edmonton where I retired in '08 after 33 years with Imperial Oil. We then moved back to our home province of Nfld where the real estate is much cheaper and we still have lots of family. Heading to Alberta next month (flying). May make the big drive when we have gained more confidence in our rig.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:04 AM   #4
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Edmonton

What a small world?!?! We lived in Camrose and Edmonton for close to 30 years. Our Eng. Office and Machine shop did a lot of work for Imp. Oil.

TW
Old 08-25-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I remember Imperial Gallons .... does that count?
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #6
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
I remember Imperial Gallons .... does that count?
Does not count today, but it's good to see, that you and I remember those big liters

TW
Old 08-26-2010, 06:31 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
rvnfld:

G'morning from the Black Hills of South Dakota. Welcome to the iRV2 forum. Glad to have ya.

Wife and I are originally out of Duluth, MN, and after selling all our "stuff" and the house we have now been on the road full time since 2005. One of the places we've REALLY wanted to spend time is up in your province of Newfoundland. Haven't made it there yet, but we're working on it.

So...ya gonna head South for the winter?? We run into alot of folks from up your way down in Florida when we're there and sure enjoy visiting with them. C'mon down!!!

Steve & Lynette
Old 08-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi and welcome from NS, just a little less East than you are. We do more traveling the roads as we're not into what you'd call the camping scene. We've only had the moho since the fall of 2005 so we're sort of newbies ourselves.

Cheers
Willey
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:10 AM   #9

We are Albertans (Sundre) currently in Shediac NB before heading to Sydney NS & eventually to the Rock for 3 weeks.

BTW: on our way east we drove thru Duluth... worst road construction mess I've experienced. But, did get to see the tall ships.

Eh!
geeksrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeksrus View Post
We are Albertans (Sundre) currently in Shediac NB before heading to Sydney NS & eventually to the Rock for 3 weeks.

BTW: on our way east we drove thru Duluth... worst road construction mess I've experienced. But, did get to see the tall ships.

Eh!
Hi! enjoy your trip through the Atlantic Provinces. If I might suggest a slight but worthwhile diversion from the TCH 104.
Just a bit east of New Glasgow there is a place called Sutherlands River. After you cross the river make a left turn onto hwy 245 to Merigomish. On 245 just after Lower Barneys River there is a road to the left " Rig Island" it's just a short run to the warmest salt water North of the Carolinas and a great sandy beach without the crowds because of the remote location.
Continuing to Arisaig where there is a small park overlooking the Northumberland Straight, there is a pathway to the shore where fossels can be found. At Malignant Cove you can continue on to Antigonish on 245 or take 337 to Cape George then on to Antigonish. This route is usually refered to as the "Mini Cabot Trail"

In any case you have a great trip.
Cheers
Willey

We were in Calgary last year. that was a great trip of 2 months duration
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:18 AM   #11

Quote:

Eh!
I guess you must have meant Dartmouth, if you saw tall ships. I wouldn't think there'd be many in Duluth? If you're coming to the Rock (or already there), we could recommend a few campgrounds; Kona Beach in South Brook, Sanger Park, Grand Falls-Windsor, Shriner's Park in Eastport, Blue Fin in Holyrood, and Pippy Park in St.John's. Each park and local area has its own quirks, but the facilities are very good. Make sure you try to book ahead to not be disappointed (all very busy this summer).
Enjoy your visit - very different from 'Flatland'. We're heading west (flying) in Sept to visit our kids and new grand-son.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvnfld View Post
I guess you must have meant Dartmouth, if you saw tall ships. I wouldn't think there'd be many in Duluth? If you're coming to the Rock (or already there), we could recommend a few campgrounds; Kona Beach in South Brook, Sanger Park, Grand Falls-Windsor, Shriner's Park in Eastport, Blue Fin in Holyrood, and Pippy Park in St.John's. Each park and local area has its own quirks, but the facilities are very good. Make sure you try to book ahead to not be disappointed (all very busy this summer).
Enjoy your visit - very different from 'Flatland'. We're heading west (flying) in Sept to visit our kids and new grand-son.
THE TALL SHIPS WERE IN DULUTH MINNESOTA... part of their tour of the Great Lakes.

Eh!
geeksrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:20 AM   #13

Quote:
THE TALL SHIPS WERE IN DULUTH MINNESOTA... part of their tour of the Great Lakes.

Eh!
My apologies... I guess I always associate Tall Ships with salt water oceans! Apparently, I also need to review my geography. Those ships are quite impressive.