Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #15

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay. If you have any questions regarding RVs or camping trailers, please don't ask me as I am on almost the same situation you are. My wife and I also got tired of tenting so we just purchase a 35' Winnebago which we haven't taken possession as of yet, long story short we're waiting the 2012 instead of the 2011.

You said that the one you looked at has all the bells and whistles, even though you don't need any of it. I say, there a many things in life we don't really need but if we can have it we might as well enjoy it. As I told my wife, we only live once and for a very short period of time. So, while we still alive and healthy lets enjoy our lives the best way possible.

OGTerror's Off Road Videos
OGTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: Mt. Olive Shores North......RV community ( winter )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumar View Post
Coleman....I think we definately try Indian Point..is there an overpass on one of the roads leading to it, that might be too low for a motorhome?

Don-Deb..where on the south shore are you from? I am in Amityville.
Do you go on the Tiffin board? we have a 32 Breeze on order now. Starting production the end of May.

Sumar...........Hi neighbor.......we live in Copiague.

Congrats on the new Tiffin...........so far we love ours !!

don-deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:42 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by don-deb View Post
Great........Cedar Point is on the north fork ????......not sure where that is. The Cedar Beach I mentioned is on Ocean Parkway....between Gilgo and OBI. It has a campground and a Marina. NICE place.

Where are you shopping for the Jayco ? ....on Long Island ?

We had to travel to Florida ( Lazydays R/V ) to find what we wanted. We need more RV dealers on the Island !!!!! :(

Enjoy............

Oh, no, the Cedar Point we go to is in East Hampton on the South fork. It's really nice-they have a bay beach or you can go to the East Hampton town beach which is nice, but a bit of a drive.

We gave up on Jayco, and picked up our Keystone Sprinter yesterday. We slept in it, and love it very much. Perfect for all our needs.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:44 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumar View Post
Coleman....I think we definately try Indian Point..is there an overpass on one of the roads leading to it, that might be too low for a motorhome?

Don-Deb..where on the south shore are you from? I am in Amityville.
Do you go on the Tiffin board? we have a 32 Breeze on order now. Starting production the end of May.
Nope! There's loads of HUGE class A's that camp there. I think it's the perfect camping place. The clean beach and calm waters really makes it nice. (And the catching dinner stuff is an added bonus!)
Old 05-22-2011, 04:52 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGTerror View Post
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay. If you have any questions regarding RVs or camping trailers, please don't ask me as I am on almost the same situation you are. My wife and I also got tired of tenting so we just purchase a 35' Winnebago which we haven't taken possession as of yet, long story short we're waiting the 2012 instead of the 2011.

You said that the one you looked at has all the bells and whistles, even though you don't need any of it. I say, there a many things in life we don't really need but if we can have it we might as well enjoy it. As I told my wife, we only live once and for a very short period of time. So, while we still alive and healthy lets enjoy our lives the best way possible.
You are so right! We bought a used camper, but it is everything we wanted. I'm so happy with it, and I think at this point in my life-with the 4 kids, and the dogs, I'm not nervous about them breaking something that's new-this one has been through a family already, and looks great-but I am comfortable in it. LOL!!
Old 05-22-2011, 06:57 AM   #20

Thanks Coleman, I think we definitely get there this summer. Maybe well see you there! Happy camping and good luck with your "new to you" camper!
Sue
Old 05-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sumar....where in Amityville ???
Old 05-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #22

Don-Deb, south of Merrick Rd. Where are you in Copiague?
I posted a comment on your profile page.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
WOW....we're south of Merrick also....we're on the water on East Dr .

I also sent you a message..................
Old 05-23-2011, 03:52 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Anyone know of any RV clubs on Long Island ???
Old 07-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #25

Hey everyone.

My parents dream has always been to get a house on the water. Since that is only a possibility for a small percentage of us, they thought the next best thing was to hook a camper to their truck to sleep on the beach. We've taken our trucks on the beach through the years at Smiths Point and loved it.
We've been looking at trailers for the past few weeks and were going to split the cost among all of us.

Anyway, we went to a party yesterday and a lady there said that you can't camp on the beach itself anymore and if you wanted to go to Smiths Point then you had to go into the actual campground area and not on the beach.

Is this true? Is camping on the local beaches no longer allowed? This could very well prevent us from getting a camper if it's true.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #26
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi folks, and welcome to the forum! One caution, don't ever believe it when a salesman tells you that you can tow a camper he is trying to sell you! They will tell you anything to get the sale. Check it out for yourself. Good luck with the RV you decided on

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:14 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm11599ps View Post
Hey everyone.

My parents dream has always been to get a house on the water. Since that is only a possibility for a small percentage of us, they thought the next best thing was to hook a camper to their truck to sleep on the beach. We've taken our trucks on the beach through the years at Smiths Point and loved it.
We've been looking at trailers for the past few weeks and were going to split the cost among all of us.

Anyway, we went to a party yesterday and a lady there said that you can't camp on the beach itself anymore and if you wanted to go to Smiths Point then you had to go into the actual campground area and not on the beach.

Is this true? Is camping on the local beaches no longer allowed? This could very well prevent us from getting a camper if it's true.
You can camp on the outer beach, (In the sand) at Smiths Point, you have to call for reservations, and have a Suffolk County Beach permit for your TV. (About 75 dollars) The camp ground in on the other side of the Dunes. I like the Campgrounds, I have a site with hookups for this coming Sunday for the week. It's my last week of the summer since my sons start football and practice is important. (We'll be driving them in during the week for at least one practice as well...)
Coleman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:15 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by don-deb View Post
Anyone know of any RV clubs on Long Island ???
Nope-if you find any-please let me know!!

Coleman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote