Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2007, 09:59 AM   #1

I am from Delaware and new to rving. Just bought a 1995 national Dolphin 434. I rv with my wife, Ellen and our fierce attack cat, Clyde.

I am trying to find out what chassis I have. I have an autopark brake problem and am not sure how to locate the info.

Thanks ahead of time to any who can help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2007, 09:59 AM   #2

I am from Delaware and new to rving. Just bought a 1995 national Dolphin 434. I rv with my wife, Ellen and our fierce attack cat, Clyde.

I am trying to find out what chassis I have. I have an autopark brake problem and am not sure how to locate the info.

Thanks ahead of time to any who can help.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:40 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
elstan, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and look forward to being some help with questions you may have. You probably have a Chevy chassis; if there is a "P32 or P37" in the vin #, it is. Good luck to you and let us know what kind of problem you are having with the auto park brake.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 04:53 PM   #4

Hi Elstan,

Welcome to iRV2. You will find many resources here, and you just might make a friend or two as well.

If interested, why not pop in to the iRV2 Chatters chat room. We are there just about every evening starting around 8:30pm eastern. It is a fun group and many of us have met several times in various places around the country.
If interested, come visit us in the iRV2 Chatters chat room. We're there just about every evening from about 8:30pm eastern until about 10:00pm. It's a great bunch of folks!

Skip- Kerrville, TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome elstan to irv2
Drop down to the Workhorse forum some people have same problem and also go to FIND above and type in auto park, take off check mark for previous posts on problem.
Enjoy the forums and do post often.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:08 AM   #6
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Welcome to iRV2, we're really glad to have you here as a new member and are looking forward to reading your posts about your RVing experiences and adventures in your '95 National Dolphin 434. You'll find a great bunch of folks on this site who are very knowledgeable of RVing, the rigs we use, and the places we go in them.

As you'll see, they're eager to help and share their knowledge and experiences with others.

Again, welcome to iRV2, we're glad you joined.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:13 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Elstan, welcome to iRV2.

There's but a few of us from Delaware on this site, so it's good to see another.

This would be a good time to travel as the beach crowds should be greatest this week.

Come back often.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:26 AM   #8

Thanks, RV Wizard,

I do have a Chevy chassis. When stopped and parked, as I start the rv the "auto park" indicator comes on and the vehicle will not move back or forward. The light never goes out. In order to make the rv move, I have to engage the emergency brake and release once sometimes several times.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:31 AM   #9

Thanks, Skip

I will do that. I have been pretty busy this past week. We are not full-timers yet but hope to try it soon.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:41 AM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Elstan, I copied this post from the MSN TREK TRACKS forum and have attached the URL at the bottom of this message:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">From: MSN NicknameTrekkerSmith Sent: 6/28/2007 9:28 PM
Bob,
There are two types of folks with the Auto Park brake. Those who have had problems, and those who will. This topic has been covered many times, but since the search ability on the group is virtually non-existent, will repeat some of it.

When the light comes on, on the dash, and stays on, but doesn't seem to hinder being able to drive (from a dead stop), your low pressure switch is shot. If the light comes on, and once you have stopped, you can't move again, the high pressure switch is shot. Replacing one or both is messy for you as an owner, unless you happen to have a pit or a lift so you can do it standing up instead on laying on your backside. You can get part numbers off Trek Tracks (look around in the folders listed on the left hand side of the home page). Your cheapest source for the switches would likely be from a website (GMPartsDirect.com). Your local mechanic will charge you about $200 to replace the high pressure switch (including a significant parts markup above the GMPD prices). I have had my high pressure switch replaced (once by a dealer, once by a mechanic friend, and once by me), and have replaced the low pressure switch once (myself), in 78,000 miles of usage. The ones I did myself, I did at home.

Getting to these two switches is relatively simple (ignoring the dripping ATF). There are 5 bolts holding a 1/4" thick steel plate to the box the pump is in. Remove those bolts (I believe it takes a 1/2" socket), and take the plate off. The high pressure switch is the closest one to the plate you removed. Pull the wire plug off the end of it, unscrew the switch and remove it. Screw in the new one, reinstall the wire plug. The low pressure switch (likely your problem since the brake hasn't locked up) is a little deeper in the box, and a little harder to get a wrench to, but it is removed and replaced the same way.

Good luck.
Gary
'00 2830 6.5TD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
MSN Trek Tracks Forum

Good luck - Glenn
Old 07-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Elstan,
Congrats on your new Dolphin! I can't help you figure out your autobrake problem ... bu I can tell you that you have joined the best RV forum out there!
I am sure that if you do a little searching here for your problem...then you will find some info.

Good luck ...and enjoy! It is a great lifestyle!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote