Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-05-2010, 08:35 AM   #1

Hi from FL

Hello from Tampa- I am not an RV'er yet, but want to gain as much knowledge as possible before I hit the road. The plan is to go on extended trips and work different trade shows with a truck camper and trailer.
If anyone has done that or is doing it and would like to chat, or if anyone has a product that would work well, please contact me.

My partner and I can't wait to get on the road- in fact, we are visiting RV parks that have cabins and tent sites just so we can start sharing in the lifstyle. Everglades first, then north FL in the summer. Any ideas for other places after that?
Thanks and safe journeys!
amber

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
The Keys, no place like it.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:26 AM   #3

Welcome . . . and as I am currently in Tampa let me say what a nice area you have, albeit apparently winter's a bit cold right now by your local standards.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi amber, welcome aboard. IRV is a great forum for information and it's a friendly place too. Getting knowledge before getting on the road is an excellent idea. Wish I had of known about the forums before we got our rig, in fact I didn't know much if anything about RV'ing or the rig when we bought it. (I was impressed that it had a micro wave but couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work on the trip home with it) Later I found out I needed an inverter to make it work when not plugged in. So lots of questions will get you knowledge which I sure didn't have

Cheers
Willey
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #5

Thanks!

Yes- this winter has been extremely cold- for us! It feels like it may actually snow tonight (I wish!!!) Tampa is a fun and friendly area, for sure, Rockhouse.
And yesssh, Mr. Stewart, I love the Keys- are there lots of RV parks? Hopefully with cabin rentals?
And WilleyB, it sounds like I have a lot to learn. The inverter has to be there to work electric gadgets while en route? I did not know that.

thanks for the welcome- i look forward to learning and sharing with you all!

amber
Old 02-12-2010, 05:21 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Amber, Jim's the name, Mr. Stewart was my Father.

Yes there are many campgrounds in the Keys, but not that many with cabins. There is a park between Marathon and Big Pine Key called Sunshine Key. It has rental Cabana Trailers, there is a marina and it is great to run out of for snorkeling or fishing. It has a lot of our rowdy neighbors from the island south of the Keys during the summer and can be rather noisy and crowded on the weekends.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Amber,

Welcome!!

I have only had my TT since July 08, and in the six months I have been part of this forum, I have learned bucket loads. The nice folks, on this site, have saved me lot's of time and money with my TT. I think that you will like it here.

Sheila
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
The inverter has to be there to work electric gadgets while en route? I did not know that.
OOP's! didn't mean to lead you astray , no your house lights work off the house batteries 12 volt.
We use the inverter 110 volts for the microwave, the toaster and the coffee pot or anything that works off shore power, all the rest is 12 volt, the electronics for the furnace, the refrigerator and hot water.
The inverter is rarely in use except at mealtimes and conserving battery energy is the rule for on the road or dry camping

Cheers
Willey
WilleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
We are currently sitting at Ft DeSoto for the weekend. Send us a pm with your contact info if you would like to exchange brain dumps.
My RV'n knowledge for your knowledge on what to do and see in the area. Leavin Monday and moving on

Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote