Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #1

Hi from Los Angeles

Hi, I'm new to the forum.
I'm the relatively new owner of a relatively old RV

I have a 1986 Pace Arrow Eleganza

I'm slowly learning about the systems and the functions of the RV.
Of all the paperwork that came with it, what was NOT included was a booklet that tells me what the switches are.

I'm still trying to figure out the water heater, the LPG system, and where everything is..

I'm glad I found the forum.. It's already answered several questions I've had..

Thanks.

C.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2010, 05:55 AM   #2

Hello Proteus. I joined the site just yesterday myself. Seems a very good site. I got a chuckle on a bit of your post. My wife and I ran thru the switches when we got ours..flip a switch and look and listen for the effect. Most of the switches are intuitive..but not all.
Have fun!
Kountry87Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:21 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Proteus;

We are glad you joined us. We have a great group here who like to help when they can so don't be afraid to ask questions. Post often and share your RV adventures with us.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:13 PM   #4

1986 Pace Eleganza Furnace Blower

Hello,

I have a 1986 Pace Eleganza. Does anyone know about the blower on the furnance? is there a special fuse for this, or reset button? I can help with the hotwater tanks, I have a schematic on it if anyone needs it.

Thanks
G
gnorens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hi and

I think I have a post on this site outlining all of the switch functions. I had a 1984 Pace, the setup was the same for a few years.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDWINGER2 View Post
Hi and

I think I have a post on this site outlining all of the switch functions. I had a 1984 Pace, the setup was the same for a few years.
J

Thanks Goldwinger2.. I appreciate the response..
Can you maybe direct me to the post?
..Seeing as you have over 900.. lol
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:08 AM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
Thanks Goldwinger2.. I appreciate the response..
Can you maybe direct me to the post?
..Seeing as you have over 900.. lol
Here it is....

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f65/84-pa...els-79724.html
I hope this works!
J
Old 11-12-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome to IRV2! Sure glad you joined us! Congrats on the new rig! Happy trails & God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #9

Hello all,

I'm new all, and have the same model as you Proteus. I tried to attached the Hot water tank info. I must be doing something wrong.

Does anyone know about the solinoid that is attached to the Propane tank? It is in line, and I believe that it is a "safety" device that may make the furnance not work if it's not working.

I just joined also and learning how to navigate this web site. Please forgive me if I'm writing in the wrong place.

Thank you
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
Hi, I'm new to the forum.
I'm the relatively new owner of a relatively old RV

I have a 1986 Pace Arrow Eleganza

I'm slowly learning about the systems and the functions of the RV.
Of all the paperwork that came with it, what was NOT included was a booklet that tells me what the switches are.

I'm still trying to figure out the water heater, the LPG system, and where everything is..

I'm glad I found the forum.. It's already answered several questions I've had..

Thanks.

C.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnorens View Post
I'm new all, and have the same model as you Proteus. I tried to attached the Hot water tank info. I must be doing something wrong.

Does anyone know about the solinoid that is attached to the Propane tank? It is in line, and I believe that it is a "safety" device that may make the furnance not work if it's not working.

I just joined also and learning how to navigate this web site. Please forgive me if I'm writing in the wrong place.

Thank you
G
If the propane safety valve goes bad everything that relies on propane will shut down. A new valve is available at your RV parts store.
J
Old 11-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #11

Thank you so much, I'll get a new one and install it. Have you ever cleaned your furnace? I want to do this myself. I did the hotwater system and it's running great. Any tips on doing the furnace?

G
Old 11-13-2011, 09:51 AM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnorens View Post
Thank you so much, I'll get a new one and install it. Have you ever cleaned your furnace? I want to do this myself. I did the hotwater system and it's running great. Any tips on doing the furnace?

G
I have never used the furnace for more than five minutes. (just to test it) I use electric space heaters when needed. I mostly use full hookups so I use the electric
heaters.
J
Old 03-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #13

Hello, Can anyone help me trouble shoot my furnace on my 1986 Pace Eleganza? I just had a new solinoid made and replaced it, however I still cant get the blower to come on. Any ideas?
Thank you
G
Old 03-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Hello Proteus! Welcome to IRV2. As you can see the folks here will help. You probably have already found the Vintage forum, but thought I would mention it incase you haven't. There are a lot of people restoring old rigs. Good luck with your Pace Arrow. Hope you are able to get on the road soon.
bsirby is offline   Reply With Quote