Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
Hi from Seattle

Just joined and am looking to buy my first big rig. I've had a pop up for a couple of years and want to become a full timer and live on a Class A. Any advise is welcome and encouraged.

gitarwmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2011, 06:44 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

Welcome to iRV2. Browse the forums of interest to you and don't be afraid to ask questions. We have a great group here who like to help when they can. Good luck on your search for the right coach.

Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Gitarwmn and Welcome to the Forum!

Since you've had a bit if RV experience with the pop-up, that will help, but full-timing in a Class A is a big step up. I've read the comments on the Forum from so many other folks who have made a similar move and I'll bet you will love the experience.

I'm not sure what advice I can give you (I don't fulltime) other than take your time looking at motorhomes and get a real good feel for what will fit your needs and budget.

Once you start looking, I think you'll be back here with questions so we can offer more specific advice.
1995 Coachmen Santara 360MB 36' w/slide.
Ford F53/460 chassis, 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee "toad"
Nick-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Owners Club
Hello; Welcome; We also live in the Seattle Area, My advice on a Motorhome Is like this.. Only my opion;; I say Buy a Winnebago. Some ask WHY?? we have the best Dealership representive For them in this area. Roy Robinson, and Paulsbo both good dependable dealers; That being said I would reccomend buying a Diesel Unit 36 to38 feet long; They are eisier to sell if you can't adapt to the RVing style.. Also I would say Buy a 4 to 6 year old coach. the small problems have been taken care of. Next Join a club/chapter; Seattle is Evergreenwinnies; North of Seattle are the Jaun wounders; Is't a life style that takes some getting used to; Enjoy; We have done it a month or two at a time. It's great.. Life is good; Oh I do play and sing also; done the GNR last year
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0389.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	8338   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0533.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	8339  

bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Seattle, place of my birth, though I haven't lived there for 50 years. Welcome to the IRV2 forums.

I can't speak to who the good dealers are in your area, but, otherwise I think bachler has given some good advice, assuming your budget can stand a 4 - 5 year rigs old price tag. If not, there are nice 10 year, and older, rigs out there, they're just harder to find.

Happy hunting.
Jay & Peggy Monroe with Dolly
Can't take it with you - don't plan on leaving any behind
2016 Newmar London Aire 4553, Spartan chassis
Wrangler Unlimited toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:24 AM   #6

Nice to meet all of you. I'm definitely going to use this site for questions in my search. We like Winnies so we're going to check them out in another week or two when time permits. Those two dealers are on my list to visit. Also Fife Rv.

gitarwmn is offline   Reply With Quote