Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2011, 06:27 PM   #1

Hi from Southern California

Newbie from Southern CA not far from LA. Was I ever overwhelmed when I took delivery of my TT a few months ago! But now I am getting the hang of it by taking one step at a time. I have a simple but nice 20" Salem Cruise Lite travel travel. It's was the right choice for me for several reasons but mostly money related

BTW - Plucky means "Brave" which kind of reflects my journey so far.
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RVing is a learning experience and with every new RV you buy you will learn something new.
It's always an adventure when traveling around in an RV and if you run into problems you can always come on here and get help.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:30 PM   #3

We are in South Orange county, San Juan Capistrano. We have been working the kinks out of your coach the last two years. It seems like once you think all is good something else comes up. We would not change the freedom it gives us. You and your family will have a great time.
mgosselin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 07:50 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome to the forums...but if "plucky" means "brave", then our coach is a Winnebago "Plucky?"

Maybe we have a new name for her...
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_N_Terry View Post
Welcome to the forums...but if "plucky" means "brave", then our coach is a Winnebago "Plucky?"

Maybe we have a new name for her...
"Plucky" is a great name

As for my history of the word Brave - I got a lot of comments about "how brave" I were but I could tell that they really thinking more of the word stupid. However, as time has come along I am brave for learning how to do this alone and have come a long way since buying my trailer. Some stuff is still a work in progress but hey, I moving along. Some people believed in me all along while others had doubts.

Then day I got curious about synonyms for Brave and I came across Plucky. For some reason I took an likeing to it. I debated whether or not to name my trailer but in the end I decided upon personalized plate instead. Someone else beat me to "Plucky" so I added the number 8 at the end. Number 8 is lucky in Chinese which makes sense in regards to my rv journey. I'm still trying to tie in a duck or more likely a rubber ducky as my trailer mascot to use for markers so friends and family can find me.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:24 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello and welcome to iRV2.
I hope you will have lots of fun here!
Old 03-03-2011, 05:40 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
"Plucky" is a great name

As for my history of the word Brave - I got a lot of comments about "how brave" I were but I could tell that they really thinking more of the word stupid. However, as time has come along I am brave for learning how to do this alone and have come a long way since buying my trailer. Some stuff is still a work in progress but hey, I moving along. Some people believed in me all along while others had doubts.

Then day I got curious about synonyms for Brave and I came across Plucky. For some reason I took an likeing to it. I debated whether or not to name my trailer but in the end I decided upon personalized plate instead. Someone else beat me to "Plucky" so I added the number 8 at the end. Number 8 is lucky in Chinese which makes sense in regards to my rv journey. I'm still trying to tie in a duck or more likely a rubber ducky as my trailer mascot to use for markers so friends and family can find me.

HAHA That's awesome! I'd say you are brave as well. It's most assuredly a decision that is not for everyone...but I would sure do it again...every time!!
John_N_Terry is offline   Reply With Quote