Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2006, 04:06 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep,ya got me there for sure. Hope yours is as great as mine was. I'm regrouping as we are in the middle of two projects and the MH isn't one of them. I'm still hoping to get back into the Rv'ing Fulltimers aspect next year. I,ve been out of the coach a weekend and I already miss it. A Year...,Hope it's sooner!!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2006, 11:40 AM   #16

Well, I got the awning pulled out. There is lots of oxidation on the aluminum parts, and some of the screws holding it to the side of the coach have pulled out. There are also a few holes in the fabric as well. It will be fine for this winter though, and I can look to repairing it when the weather clears. Just one more nice feature to this rig. I got a new neighbor today, and when he walked into my rig, he mentioned that the layout was much nicer than his 25' class A (also a Dodge chassis with a 440 Engine) he said he saw somewhere that his was an M400? the controls and driveline seem to be the same as my M500 though.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:17 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi again Sanjay R, Well ,come January we may be back to our coach again. Not set in stone yet but I'm kinda hoping. If you run across Loren,ask if they have any luck with roof leaks and how they found them? I resealed mine last spring and during all but the hard rains that flooded the Mh it didn't leak,but Now I have found 3 spots that wasn't there before.Also one that reshowed its the biggest one.Short of tearing the ceiling down is there another way to see where it's leaking at? I couldn't see any place excipt where the bigger old leak was. I think it is from the Stor-mor. I'm not sure but I'm thinking of taking the stor-mor off anyway.That should stop that leak,but good!I'm wondering if the other spots were run off from that big leak as its in both back corners of the rv.I don't see any way for water to get in there so I'm thinking if the coach was off level some,the leak could be from the stor-mor.
Anyway, hope you are having good luck with yours and I'm hoping to get back in January.That would be my best Christmas present. Will check the posts for ya so If you are not there,have a great holiday,That goes for all of ya!!
Old 11-28-2006, 06:06 PM   #18

Well Thanksgiving is taking a bit long this year 'cause I have so much to be thankful for I cannot properly appreciate it all in one day. I figure a week should handle it. . .

It sounds like you are talking about finding roof leaks by tracing water damage on the inside. In my case, I know where the biggest leak is (a tear in the right rear, that I can see light through. I know that is leaking ) The area around it is all rotted already, so I'm waiting for dry weather to repair it. I am also finding that this rig is very well laid out. I am finding that Fulltime RV living can be quite comfortable. You just have to think like you are on a starship.

Old 11-29-2006, 12:50 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Naa,no starship,just a shuttlecraft! Like Star Trek right? They used Winnes I think.Someone else might remember,My mind ain't what it used to be!
Old 12-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #20

Hey look! I just figured out how to upload photos!

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=648

Old 12-18-2006, 09:18 AM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow, Looks longer than a 30'.I saw on I think it was E-bay That William Shatners MH was for sale,at something like 40,000 or that is what they are hopeing to get.I would have thought it would be a Prevost or a Fortravel but it was built on a Dodge.
You have a nice Big kitchen and That Tub!!Where did they put the bed??
Hope ya have a good Holiday and a even better New Year, Sanjay R. Talk later,Dan
Old 12-18-2006, 11:58 AM   #22

the bed (or at least the main one) is on the sidewalk side, along the wall in the area between the galley and the head.

the head is 4 1/2 ft by 5 1/2 ft, with the wardrobe on the side opposite the tub in the head. The bed is 6 1/2 ft, on the same side as the wardrobe. There is an isle down the middle of the rig, with a cabinet/dresser on the street side. Forward of that is the galley, which is 6 ft to the far end of the counter. In front of that is the common area with a couch-bed along the street side and a cabinet on the sidewalk side, up to the bridge. the couch is 6 1/2 ft, and the area is the width of the ship, with a pull down bunk over the bridge area which is the rest of the forward area. All in all, a very well laid out ship. Quite livable.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:59 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey Sanjay R, I have been busy of late as if I don't have enough problems with trying to figure out how or what to do with the mh and fight with the computer and referee deb and her sister.I dig the floor plan you have.I do have a question for ya. How hard was it to get the ceiling down so you can find and repair the leak as I have two panels that I beleave are 4x8'.The one in back has cabinets and I've already had them down once. but the ceiling panel is a total mystery to me. I don't know what holds them up.They had vinal covered wood and we pulled the vinal off{it was loose} and replaced the surface with a textured ceiling.The material used looked like drywall mud and you smeared on and then ran the metal rooler over it and that made the textured finish. When we did this there was jointers where the panels connected and that was all we could see that was holding the panels up. i'm thinking they glued them together before installation. But you said you were in the process of repairing your ceiling so I thought you might know how they did the ceiling. I almost was going to put the carpet on the ceiling like the newer ones but Noo! had to do it her way. Now I'm into figureing out how they did it.Anyway, any insight you may have would help. Hope you are having better luck than I
Check in later,Dan
Old 12-29-2006, 07:28 PM   #24

Not sure if I can speak to luck at this moment as there was a trailer fire (5er went up like a torch set off by bad wiring. All of you be real careful with any electrical work you do on your rigs, please?), and I'm pretty wigged out over it. One, it was real close to me. Two, I'm just getting over a vicious flu and I'm still weak from that. Three, there is a reason I get disability for an anxiety disorder. And Four, What? Three isn't enough?!?

On the Cieling: mine is 4'x8' sheets of 1/4"plywoood or is it 1/8"? Whatever paneling is made of. This is nailed to support runners at intervals to keep it from sagging. Overall it is not bad. One real problem is in the head (bathroom) however, as that area gets wet on the cieling regularly. There was nothing done to waterproof that section of cieling at all. the panneling right along the side of the hangers for the shower curtain is rotted visably.

What I said is that I will be going into the roof this summer when the weather clears. That is when all the outside repairs will be taking place.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:31 PM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sorry SanjayR, Bad news fires are. I hope they got out ok and any pets they had too!
Also, sorry about the roof question, I misunderstood you. I;m still kicking this one around. Deb and I have a tent that was given to us by my brother and we can pick it up on our way back to AZ. We can stay in it out there ok, and that lets us have a bed and table and sitting area. The rv is at my aunts and we can park the tent on the backside of the rv where no one can see us back there from the road.Aunts trailer is next to that and the bath room and kitchrn are available to us 24/7. We can work and stay there as long as it takes{the sooner the better}. That roof is the killer to me as anytime I have to look up and raise my arms up over my head, my neck just screams at me. {part of my disability} I get headaches and PAIN like you can only think about unless you have a bad neck with pins,rods and screws to hold your head onto your shoulders.There is just not enough Demarol and Valium in the world to stop it as my nerves pinch{still have 5 discs that they are afraid of working on as I could be eather killed or paralyzed} They just told me to take it easy{OH YEAH!!} and NOT lift over 25 pds. HAH!! Yeah right!!
I have had to live with the three back surgerys and the headaches for going on 15 years now and the last surgery was three years ago. Still here and mean as a rattlesnake!! Ha!! I always loved those little buzz worms!! My sister-in-law would cook them just right and I've hrard that they taste like chicken but to someone who has had both,Nah, it tastes like snake!
Anyway I understand you and the disability, Been there and done it.Don't want the coffee mug or the T-shirt.
I am glad you were not in that fire anyway. Maybe someone else on the forum can help answer these and other questions we have put out on the site. Try and Have a Happy New Year and will check in later. Capt. Dan
Old 12-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #26

He was not in his rig at the time, and was not injured in the fire. The dog however. . .

when these rigs go up, it is not only the concentrated smoke, but the poisonous gasses from the burning materials, and the heat from the quickly burning fire. The dog was overcome with smoke and did not make it.

I'm recovering, emotionally. Most of the problem was that this was way too much "excitement" at a time when my reserves were at thier lowest, as I was just recovering from the very bad flu that is going around now. My repair projects (or at least the big ones) are hampered by the fact that I'm actually living in the rig during the process, making a workspace dificult to create. At least dificult for it to be of any size, that is. The incident with the fire, however, makes me want to replace the shore power line to my rig as it was spliced by the previous owner. Everything else is on hold until that is up to spec.

Old 12-31-2006, 09:49 AM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey there Loren,Got the e-mail. Thanks,I was afraid it was glued up but thought it might be stapled up somehow. I am working up a list of things to do in the mh when I get back to it. Its getting,long! My brother has a 10 person tent to loan us to use while I'm getting the bad stuff out. Once we get the mold out I'm planning to start where we left off and finish her and then..Fulltiming again.
I hate this on and off idea thing. Deb and I have had some rather heated arguements.As some see,I ain't the only one wearing pants!!
I shall return,as I'm sure I have forgotton something! Hang in there and I will keep you up to date as we get there. Capt.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:13 PM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi everyone, Good news for me as Alltel sent us the replacement air-card and it is a upgrade card to boot!! Ithought they would give another UT starcom PC-5740 but they gave us the KPC-650 from kyocera! I'm back online and doing great! This year has started out really good for us and maybr we will get our home up and running too! I know, From my mouth to gods ears!! Time will tell.
Sanjay R, You feel'in any better yet? I hope so as we want to hook up with ya somewhere down the road. I hope you are doing better! Hope the New Yrar will Be better for you too!!
I'm moving to another site now {evdo forums} so I can let them know that the new card is in. Will check in later, Dan