Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #43

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yeah,Three more month's for me yet! And it's in the 80's here in Az.

Sarjay R, Ya work'in or hardly work'in??

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #44

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
Sarjay R, Ya work'in or hardly work'in?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*sigh* working on just about everything except my rig lately. . . But I get money for that (I'm on a fix-it income) so now I get to buy a part! I'll probably go out and get a fridge as the one I have is just not making it.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:56 PM   #45

Vintage RV Owners Club
I'm sorry the fridge hit the bust sarjay,Those are expensive to get and I thought that maybe one of those rv salvage yards maybe able to help ya out??Some where in the next month I have to go to Phoenix for some pieces I need for Dusty and If ya like I'll check for ya and see what kind of pricing they have on fridges. it would have to be shipped but there where you are I think there is one or two. Check and let me know, Capt.Dan
Old 03-15-2007, 06:46 PM   #46

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sanjay R:
...I'll probably go out and get a fridge as the one I have is just not making it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just a thought... Have you considered getting a "residential-type" fridge instead of the typical RV one? If you don't do a lot of boondocking you could use a home style one. They are more energy efficent (unless you are getting DC or LP one thru the solar companies). We use ours running down the road with the generator powering it because we have a single house battery and we don't have an inverter (DC into AC), just a converter (AC into DC) which powers our lighting and water pump. Our fridge is a 3 cf undercounter we bought from www.compactappliance.com (I would recommend a slightly bigger one) and the freezer is 4 cf from Lowes. Combined price was less than a single RV unit (we needed bigger freezer). The freezer holds slightly more than 1 weeks worth of frozen meats and a couple weeks worth of frozen veggies. We stacked them in the old fridge spot and missed being able to use a 4 cf fridge by 3 inches (interior AC shroud was in the way and the whole set-up was sitting on the wheel well). Both cooled great even during the heat of a south GA summer.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #47

Yeah the camper type fridges are priced way out of my budget. Previous owner put one of those dorm style fridges in and it is way too small for me to use, so I'm getting a "compact" type from Lowes. Not quite into the "Energy Star" ratings, but I generate my own electricity, or get it as part of my rent at the marina, so I'm not too concerned. The one i'm getting is 4.4 Cu-ft, and looks real nice. it also retails for $248 at Lowes. Home Depot has one for $200 but I do not like the layout, dimensions, and capacity as well. This is tha advantage of comparison shopping

Old 03-20-2007, 06:06 PM   #48

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi Sanjay R, Glad ya got the fridge problem solved. Ya splitting your time working on the 'other' vehicles is one way to get the funds to fix your wheels for sure.Last year and this year so far is the first time in years I havn't worked and had the extra income coming in. I hate to admit this to anyone but, I'm getting to busted up to do it anymore. Once this engine is done, I think it will be my last. I can strain myself getting that bass into the house after fighting it into the boat!
I'll Check in later, Capt.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #49

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey Sanjay, Ya working hard or hardly working?
How goes the battle?
Old 04-09-2007, 09:37 AM   #50

Money problems holding off the repairs. I just had to sink close to $700 in the car so I can continue to work out of it. That is just parts, By the way. . .

The rig is leveled up and I have a job to go to Atlanta to pick up a class B and drive it back. And I get paid for it too. . . More when I return. . .

Old 04-09-2007, 12:08 PM   #51

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey Sanjay R, Good luck and safe travels. Let us know when ya get back, Capt.