Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2006, 04:57 PM   #1

Just found this place while looking for information on my 77 Overland Motorhome. The place looks like a great resource for someone like me that is new to RVing, and has an (ahem) older RV. While there are several things that I really love about my rig, I have to say that one of the best is that it is built in such a way that I can repair it without having to learn how to build spacecraft first. I hope the road we travel together will be long and joyous.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2006, 04:57 PM   #2

Just found this place while looking for information on my 77 Overland Motorhome. The place looks like a great resource for someone like me that is new to RVing, and has an (ahem) older RV. While there are several things that I really love about my rig, I have to say that one of the best is that it is built in such a way that I can repair it without having to learn how to build spacecraft first. I hope the road we travel together will be long and joyous.

Old 10-29-2006, 07:22 PM   #3

Sanjay R,
Wellcome to irv2
We used to have a class C on a '79 Dodge chassis, that 440 is one of the best engines Chrysler ever made. Good luck with your Overland.
Loren
Old 10-29-2006, 09:12 PM   #4

Sanjay R, Welcome to the IRV2 website, glad ypu joined our friendly forum, if you have any questions please fell free to ask the forum. Ed.S
Old 10-30-2006, 07:38 AM   #5

Loren, which "Brentwood" is that? The one by LA, or the one that is about 10 miles from me?

Thanks much for the welcome. Be assured that there will likely be lots of questions

Old 10-30-2006, 04:38 PM   #6

Sanjay R,
I'm right around the corner from you, probably less than ten miles. I do have some experience replacing dry rot in our old class C and would be willing to offer a little advice if needed. You can E-mail me directly at lwr1999@yahoo.com if needed.
Loren
Old 10-30-2006, 11:29 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Sanjay R, welcome to our website and forum. We are glad to have you join us here and look forward toreading of your repair project and experiences. I can see you have already met someone that can be of help. If we can help further don't hesitate to just as the group. Good luck, congratulations and enjoy!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:19 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon (The right side of the Cascades and home of Crater Lake)
SanjayR let me also welcome you to irv2 and Vintage RV. As you can see you will find great folks and help when you need it. Remember, you can also type a topic in the'Find' tab to see if your subject is on previous posts. Welcome aboard and...Happy Trails!!
Hoverbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 02:20 PM   #9

Thanks again everyone! I know well about the search feature on discussion forums. I'm an active contributor on the Subaru form I'm a member of, and see a lot of the same questions repeated over and over again.

Loren, look for an email from me in the near future. I'd at least like to meet and say Hi.

I have tried a couple of forums before being pointed to this one. It does look like this one will be my final home, though. It seems like this is the place I can find the best info regarding my rig.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:51 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Let me get in a welcome from the great Lone Star State. Hope to see you around here a lot.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:21 PM   #11

Thanks TX! Felicity (my 30' Overland) will me fairly stationary for the next couple of years while I rehab her to my standards. Before I take any kind of trip, I want to know that the driveline and coach can make it without troubles. When I do travel, you may see me in the DFW area in the summers.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:59 AM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Welcome to the forum Sanjay r, You and I will be in compition to see who gets our MH out there first Mine is a 79 Coachman and right now its in storage at my aunts. What is needed in your rig? Can you post any pictures in the forum? I don't remember the overland other than the name.Seems it was at that time a top end coach,if memory serves.At any rate,welcome and post often,Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:17 PM   #13

I'll likely put up a photo album with pictures of Felicity. I win by default, Cap. I'm living in mine while I do the repairs

I have had a couple of people say that the coach is really well laid out, making it seem really spacious. I dunno, I'm comfortable in her. I could do with the color scheme having been a bit lighter in color, but otherwise it is real nice. I know mine has an actual tub in her, and a good sized closet in the head (bathroom). Finding particle board as a load bearing surface in the floor has me grumbling, but I'll bet that was "construction of the day", so I'll just put in a real floor and move on.

What Felicity needs:
outer walls in rear and right rear
rear of roof
repair pinhole leak in roof material
reattach roofing material to roof wood
repair torn siding in right rear
furnace (parts no longer available)
replace floor with real wood
replace dome lights (most failing due to age)
do something with the decor to make it lighter to improve "feel"
tires
carberatuer
service transmission
water pump, radiator, and thermostat
drive many many miles and enjoy extensively

Old 11-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #14

Sanjay, have you tried campingconnectionrv.com for parts on your furnace? Look under the icon for Hard to Find RV Parts and tell them what you need.

8.3L Cummins ISC
BIGRED1 is offline   Reply With Quote