Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2007, 04:58 AM   #1

I have a new 2006 Mountainaire and the holding tank lights for Black and Grey aren't calibrated correctly. I have taken the control panel off and can't find any adjustment screws. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2007, 06:14 AM   #2

Is there not a small hole in the front of the panel? If so, use a small (sewing machine like) screwdriver to adjust it.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:14 AM   #3

Sorry, I forgot to welcome you to the forum.

Peter
Old 01-25-2007, 06:26 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club

Is your panel similar to this one. Just above each tank indicator there is a screw slot to adjust levels of tank. As you use your tanks just check level of black tank by looking down hole as it fills up go adjust level on tank indicator. Your gray tank will backup into your shower when it over flows so you will know your tank is full just adjust accordingly.
Fresh water I can see tanks and when both tanks are half full will adjust the indicator to 1/2.
Newmar supplies a small plastic adjustment tool but any small pointed screw driver will do.
If you need any more help let me know.
Welcome also to irv2 and the Newmar forum.

How would you like some KARMA under your signing thats for free also.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:51 AM   #5

My unit has the LCD lights on top of the buttons and there are no holes to insert a screwdriver. I've tried removing the panel and looking for any adjustment screws but haven't found any. Even the Newmar provided manual says to adjust the screws but there aren't any.
I hate to bother the dealer with something this minor but it's a pain not having the lights.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:08 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you do not get a answer here from someone give Newmar tech service a call and see what they have to say just let us know of what it is. They must have changed the set up.
I have the LEDS also when you turn screw driver the leds would move up. If you push button and hold do the the leds move?
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:39 AM   #7
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Do you have a small red "F" button above black and small red "E" button above LPG?

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:53 PM   #8

This is in reply to Adios Dirk - "YES" I have red dots (I thought they were lights). There is a "F" above the Black and an "E" above the LPG. You, obviously, have seen a panel like mine - any suggestions?
Old 01-25-2007, 03:05 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
I made exactly the same mistake. Happened to have GaryKD stop by at Disney and we figured it out together.

It's easy. Wait until any of the tanks is full or empty. Hold the tank button down (e.g. grey) and the E or F button down depending on which you're calibrating.

Your not going to believe this. I was so sure that they were lights that I refused to empty the black water until the light came on to test them. This was despite the fact that the indicator lights above indicated for quite some time that the tank was full. All I can tell you is that I pushed the limits.

My father in law was staying w/us at the time and thought the same thing.

Anyway, you're not the first on this one.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 03:11 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You, obviously, have seen a panel like mine - any suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I have one too!

Scott posted the correct procedure.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:32 AM   #11

The recalibration process requires you to set the calibration with tanks empty and then full. If this does not work, check the sensor strips on the outside of the tanks. Newmar had to replace all of my external sensors. Still does not work that well.

Newmar Mountain Aire
JerryKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:14 AM   #12

Many thanks for the help - I now have a correctly calibrated Grey tank and will have to figure out how to fill the Black tank to calibrate that without endangering the household. All the help certainly convinces me that this is the forum for me as a new Mountainaire owner.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:36 AM   #13

I used a garden hose to fill the black tank.

Newmar Mountain Aire
JerryKelly is offline   Reply With Quote