Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2010, 12:24 AM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Thumbs up Hooked on this lifestyle!

Hello,
My husband and I have recently acquired our first RV! A 2001 Country Coach
Intrigue. My honey researched various coaches for 5 years before we bought ours last November. So far it seems that he chose perfectly. We were very fortunate, we purchased it from a broker here in Orange County, CA. rather than from a dealership - it was a great experience and we have been put in contact with various small repair shops, or big concerns who can best repair our coach when little issues arise. We are planning a trip to No. Cal. at the end of August so will finally be able to spend more than 3 or 4 days enjoying our new baby.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2010, 04:24 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to the RV world! We just got our first rig in May so I share your enthusiasm! We've done a couple of extended weekend outings and have driven it a little over a thousand miles so far. The thing I have learned so far is that no matter how many years you research and read about the RV lifestyle (about 3 yrs. for us), it is totally different once you own a rig. I have learned so much in the past 3 months and a lot of it has come from this forum. There are so many nice folks here that are so willing to share their knowledge and experience. Make sure you have a notebook on board to write down your questions as they arise (believe me they will!) and post them on this forum and you WILL get answers and opinions! We started two lists right away, a need list and a want list. The "want" list will have to wait for now, but we figure that as we gain experience, things will sort themselves out in time.
Again, welcome and congratulations on your first rig, and a nice one too!
Rod

Old 07-23-2010, 05:14 AM   #3

remember one thing, this life style is an incurable disease we've had this disease for ten yrs and it seems to be getting worse enjoy! jim & sue
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The only medicine is to get on the road, but even then it is incurable.

We really enjoyed our trip recently up the coast line of your state. So many things to do and see, but that is describable of every state.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:22 PM   #5

Thank you for your kind words and we will be sure to keep a log. We do have a computer and printer on board, so I can post questions as they arise.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #6

Thank you Rod, Jim, and Wayne. By the way Wayne, one of our very dear friends is a SgtMj USMC (Ret.) - we're hoping to get he and his wife on board with this too. It would be really fun to caravan with them.