Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #1

Talking Howdy from Newbie in Oregon!!

Lisa here, and hubby Jan and our 2 happy and fat Corgi's, plan on hitting various camping spots on the oregon Coast this summer. And one in Idaho!

We aren't retired yet, so we can only do a few trips a year.

Hubby loves to play poker on his lap top in the evening, so I need to figure out how to get him WIFI for traveling.

Our rigs are: 2003 F250 SCrew TD 6.0L (bought it new and never had any issues with it) and new for us 2000 Komfort 28' 5er.

Folks here seem very friendly and knowledgeable. Looking forward to reading about your ideas and adventures.
oldbroadOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to iRV2!

I hope you will have lots of fun with the forum!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #3

Welcome to IRV2 I know that you will like it we sure do
jdny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Lisa. Welcome to the family.
If you and hubby have a spare weekend mid May I would like to invite you to our Northwest Meet and Greet as follows;

Finally have determined when and where Spring Meet and Greet will be.
Dates for Meet & Greet will be 12 - 15 May 2011.
Location will be at the Pioneer Trails Rv Resort,
Anacortes, Wa. Pioneer Trails RV Park

The park has reserved 26 sites for iRV2 members. When you look at their site map Row A and B are reserved for us. Row B is pull thru and Row A is Backin. All site are 50/30 amp, water, and sewer. Each site comes with 79 channel cable TV and Wifi.

Reservations can not be made until the first week of January 2011. When making your reservation tell them you are with the iRV2 group. Telephone number for park is 360-293-5355.

If you plan on attending please email me at jackgibbs@q.com will get more sites if needed. I hope they are.

Park will provide us a meeting room at no cost. If weather is good we can use the cabana. (see site map)

If you have any comments or recommendations PLEASE email those to me also.

Larry and Rita also Frankdamp are working up a list of things to do in the area, if you know of anything please let us know.

Will provide a list of each attendee to everyone, therefore, when you reserve a site again I need the information.

To ensure a name tag is made for you Please provide the following information to me for each person coming with you:

Name: Jack Gibbs
iRV2 user Name:
JackR
CityState your from: Lacey, Wa.

Well that’s it for now. If you need more information let me know. I'm sure we will have Happy hours daily and at least one potluck dinner and maybe a ladies breakfast. (men cook for the ladies)

Do hope to meet a lot of you.

Larry and Rita
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

When you get him set up with a good WIFI system let me in on the secret to what it is.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hey fellow Oregonian,
I have spent plenty of time on the Oregon Coast and know of a few places for wifi. I will send you an email and share what I know. Les
Old 03-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbroadOR View Post
Lisa here, and hubby Jan and our 2 happy and fat Corgi's, plan on hitting various camping spots on the Oregon Coast this summer. And one in Idaho! ....Hubby loves to play poker on his lap top in the evening, so I need to figure out how to get him WIFI for traveling. ..
Welcome to the Forum, Lisa!
I would like to suggest you take a look in this forum when you decide to look for wireless. Do a search for Wifi to find the threads quicker.

You may want to get a Wilson Trucker amp -depending on where you like to camp - some places along the coast have poor reception
Again- welcome & happy camping!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:04 AM   #8

I found great wifi. verizon mifi2200. $50 a month for 5 gigs and speed and coverage are outstanding!~ Way faster than my dsl at home. If my usage at home wasn't so hi, I'd abbandon the dsl and just go with this.
I got the mifi off ebay for $45 delivered so no comittment to verizon. Don't even have 3g where I live and this thing is way fast, really surprised me.
Oh yeah, I'm in Oregon too near the coast...
adlerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hello!
A great place on the OR coast is Charleston. We found it by accident, we were only going to stay the night...We drove a while to find the RV park (it seems like it was 20 min from Coos Bay, we were wondering where we were going but once we found it it was so worth it). Once we got there we stayed a few days, right on the ocean. There is a botanical garden, Sunset Bay, Cape Arago SP, tons of sea lions (better than Sea Lion caves and free) to name a few beautiful sights. We have to small boys, what a great adventure! I tell everyone about it, no one has been disappointed
For WIFI just call your cell phone company. There are several options to have WIFI all the time!
kchelene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
KCHELNE.
Which park are you refering to, there are a bunch of parks there?
We were planning on a trip from Wa. south and would like to try this great park.
Thanks
Larry
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote