Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ian..New Member

Heya Folks;
Ian here from the Pacific NW , Near Tacoma WA. My wife (Wendy) and I sold our scoot *beautiful HD ultra classic* due to a work injury. So we decided to get our first RV and take our furkids with us *3 german shepherds*. We ended up getting a f53 v10 '99 33'B Winnebago Chieftain with one slide out.

WE will try to get out for weekends and holidays and see were we go from there. I am still working (keeps fingers crossed) for a airplane company up here in the nw! We enjoy all kinds of music, and getting out of the house!!!

On to the techie portion of the thread...be prepared....

We are lucky that we have a great engine\performance shop over here *the power shop* as some issues needed to be be taken care like emergency brake off the tranny was leaking. Sheered exhaust header bolt *replaced with a banks*. We have done some updates like the Koni Shocks, Davis True Trac, Roadmaster SwayBar. Yea I test drove it and measured the weight at each axle and adjusted the air pressure first . We still had the original g59 tires on htere so I went with Schucks and got 16ply Toyos, and then retested.

I have been busy updating the tv's to a flatscreen and getting the rv prepared for the winter.

Anyways..Hope to speak or chat with some of you down the road.

If you see 3 german shepherds with a couple of characters in a winnebago chieftain come on by say hello.
ihbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!