Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #15

Get it in writing

When we began negotiating for our used motorhome the salesman and manager made many claims and promises, but when it came to signing the sales contract the manager got a little testy about me wanting to put every agreed upon detail in writing. I explained it was to protect both of us. It was only then that he said he couldn't agree to everything we'd negotiated earlier. Thus the REAL negotiations began and we made a deal. To be fair, the sale was a consignment which made things more complicated.

The DW was very upset about the whole process. I just accept it as part of purchasing a used vehicle from a dealer.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
First off, Welcome and glad to meet you!

Sorry for your extraordinary bad luck here. Thank you for posting so others can see exactly what these shysters have done.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #17

I guess I was lucky because the worst I got was a dirty motor home. They told me it was going to be detailed before I picked it up, it was still as dirty as when I first saw it. At least there were no mechanical issues. The second motor home, was purchased locally and did not pick it up until everything was fixed and cleaned. They were not real happy with me but I got a clean, inspected, fully functional motor home, which was what was important to me.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #18

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Ours was detailed outside, but the inside was another matter. Filthy!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-04-2013, 10:39 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Newsflash!

The missing-in-action O.P. posted this simultaneously over at RV.net, and I gotta tell y'all, it's a LOT more interesting over there.

Unlike here, not only has the O.P. been back- even the dealer's weighed in!

Whadda they got that we ain't got???
Old 05-05-2013, 04:26 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
The missing-in-action O.P. posted this simultaneously over at RV.net, and I gotta tell y'all, it's a LOT more interesting over there.

Unlike here, not only has the O.P. been back- even the dealer's weighed in!

Whadda they got that we ain't got???
Interesting.
US Navy Vet.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:22 AM   #21

^^^^ Not so interesting, I did have to go to bed you know.

The tire is 2005, not 1986, I made a mistake.

Yes, it is interesting over there. Many people feel that it is okay for a dealer to lie and cheat and that I should have done more homework. Yes, I should have checked better, but that does not make it okay for a dealer to lie and cheat.

The response from the dealer made him look worse. Feel free to go read it. He has no intention to make anything right and in fact said he was sorry if someone said they might do something about this as they won't.

Call me stupid, ignorant, anything you want. The fact is that the dealer mispresented himself.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #22
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk Mom View Post
^^^^ Not so interesting, I did have to go to bed you know.

The tire is 2005, not 1986, I made a mistake.

Yes, it is interesting over there. Many people feel that it is okay for a dealer to lie and cheat and that I should have done more homework. Yes, I should have checked better, but that does not make it okay for a dealer to lie and cheat.

The response from the dealer made him look worse. Feel free to go read it. He has no intention to make anything right and in fact said he was sorry if someone said they might do something about this as they won't.

Call me stupid, ignorant, anything you want. The fact is that the dealer mispresented himself.
Would u have a link to your post on the other forum please. There are no acceptable words about that kind of dealer that can be mentioned here.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
Would u have a link to your post on the other forum please. There are no acceptable words about that kind of dealer that can be mentioned here.
Here is the link. There are a few good people who don't have the need to keep telling me how stupid I am for not knowing enough.

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ REGARDING CAMPERS INN !!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #24

Odd, the issue of tire dates was explained to the op back in April on the Forest River Forum. So just found out about old tires seems odd!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #25
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Here was my reply on the other site.

Just my opinion.

I just purchased our coach and picked it up. I bought ours, sight unseen, over the Internet. With my deposit, the sale documents said as is. I signed the purchase documents.I took the chance. Before laying out the rest of the cash, I had a mechanical inspection done to at least make sure the major items were in working order. The inspection showed some tires were 8 years old, but by all appearances looked new in photos. I didn't want to drive the coach all the way back on out of date tires, so I negotiated with the dealer to contribute a portion and replaced them. When I got there, there were still several things that needed repair and I got them to do it before signing final documents. In fact, the AC wasn't working and I had them sign papers that I would have this done at home and they would pay for it. I did the PDI and left. Part way home I encountered a wind storm that unravelled my awning. I discovered one of the arm locks on the awning was broken. The next day the slide awning unravelled in the wind and I discovered the dealer hadn't latched the arms and I ended up with damage to that awning.

Am I an experienced RVer? No
Is it my duty to protect myself before finalizing the sale? Yes
Should I have seen the locks on the awnings before I left? Yes
Should the dealer have fixed the locks before I purchased it? Maybe. (I did by As Is though).
When issues brought to the attention at the time of signing, did they fix them? Yes

The point I am trying to make is:

Ultimately, you can't use inexperience as a crutch, as it is up to you to ensure you are making a wise purchase. If you are inexperienced, you need to do your homework before you venture into something as costly and complex as an RV. If you don't know what you are doing, don't get involved with it for surely you will run into problems. No one forces you to buy anything from anyone. If you make the decision to move forward, ultimately, that decision and it's results, fall upon you. This goes for anything in life.

I've taken my lumps as this is the 3rd RV I've bought. In each case, I've tried to do as much homework before a purchase. In each case, I learned something new.

The main thing I learned, is to move on and chalk it up to experience. Some things you don't learn unless you go through it.

You can continue to fight the fight, live in limbo and have the constant monkey on your back or move on and enjoy your rig and create new more positive experiences with it.

Personally, I try to rid my life of drama as quickly as possible.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Welcome to the forum.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #27

The Camper's Inn motto is "Memories that last a lifetime"

I guess they delivered on at least that one promise..............
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
Old 05-05-2013, 06:53 PM   #28

PDI

Would you please tell me what a PDI is,we would like to check on the class a motorhome we just bought. Some things just don't seem right. This is our first time to own a motorhome. We bought a 2004 Rexhall Roseaire 41' got a great deal.
Closed Thread