Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #43

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
We appreciate each and every one of you that visit this site and hope we're always doing the things to keep you coming back.

Bob
We only have the new sticker.

This site got us to take the big leap on our dream . We bought our first RV, the Alpine. Patty calls iRV2 my mistress. Always reading and learning.

Thanks to all .
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2007, 11:18 AM   #44

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I guess that I qualify as one of the early posters on this forum. I also was at an irv2 rally at the KOA in Niagara Falls with Warpath,George, and a few others. Think it was in May 01???
2008 Pontiac G 6 & Blue Ox Aventa LX
Old 11-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally posted by FC Ontario:
I guess that I qualify as one of the early posters on this forum. I also was at an irv2 rally at the KOA in Niagara Falls with Warpath,George, and a few others. Think it was in 91???
That was the 2001 Lake Erie Boomers campout!

The Lake Erie Boomers name got changed around the next year--now the Pond Piggies.

gm
Old 11-24-2007, 04:17 PM   #46

Location: Honolulu, Hawaii (last fixed residence before becoming fulltimers)
Just a post to find my start up date....
Old 11-29-2007, 04:51 AM   #47
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

As I have said over & over to anyone I meet this is the BEST RV SITE OUT THERE !!!! I also feel that anyone who joins this site and has at least half as much fun and meet half the amount of friends I have since joining! Will be themselves very luck folks !!! Thanks to Warpath and all who keep this site going as smooth as it does !! LONG LIVE iRV2 !!!

Oh yea I also agree with Frank P. Martin's post about haveing charter members, and hope Warpath and others look into it, even something as simple as haveing "Charter Member" between your name & campfires !!
Old 11-29-2007, 01:22 PM   #48

Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Very interesting. We have the old sticker and the new sticker on our rig. However the old one is a replacement that I got from someone since the original old sticker went away with an old rig. I kind of liked the visual history of displaying both stickers. I think our first rally was the first national rally in Myrtle Beach. It seems like a long time ago and we have made some wonderful friends here. Thanks Bill and thanks Bob for joining on and keeping things going!
Oh my gosh, now that Al is retired, he's gotten ahead of me with the number of posts.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:14 AM   #49
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Still the best site on the Web !!!!!

Hey Lynnvt if I don't have a lot of luck with wi-fi while out snowbirding this winter you might pass me by with posts, LOL !!!!!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:47 AM   #50

We were some of the original members but I changed email addresses a few years ago and couldn't get my membership to stay the same (my computer skills at it's best) so had to re-register. We have the original sticker as well.

We attended the very first Texa Boomer Rally at Sea Rim State Park in April 2001 (or maybe 2000)with only 4 families attending. That was before the current Texas Boomers organized and became so active. I don't think any of the original 4 families are active with the current group but I may be wrong.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:51 AM   #51

Coastal Campers
Stumbled upon the web site while researching our "re-entry" RV purchase..

Discovered the people while upgrading RVs.. (long story for Perrin, TX, hint- Don's fault)

Seniority date of Feb 09, 2000.. this is post #151.. have learned a lot and posted a little..
Old 02-10-2008, 06:20 AM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Gee, this was interesting. After reading these testimonials I can honestly say I can't remember how I "stumbled" upon irv2. All I know is that it has become a valuable tool to us and our coach. I am always telling folks about all the great info you can get from these very smart people on the forum. I will be fortunate to meet many of them at GNR this year.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #53

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
just lots of great info .thanks iRv2.com
Old 03-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #54

Texas Boomers Club
well now. this thread started while I was on my summer trip. Thus I missed it. I just saw it today for the first time.

Like Hitchhiker, I was on the Ford Diesel forum on night back in January 2000 when someone (I want to say it was "Great White" but may be mistaken)came on and announced that he found a new RV site. Richard and I jumped over and signed up that night. Been enjoying this site since. Hard to believe that was over 8 years ago.

As far as old stickers. Last summer I got a request while in a campground for an iRV2 sticker. I knew I had a packet of them somewhere so I started searching. I finally found the packet in a drawer in my trailer. But they were the old stickers. Couldn't give one of those out so I told the how to get them online.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:59 PM   #55

Vintage RV Owners Club
I know that it has been over a year since I went hunting for another place to call home. The place I had been going to wasn't working out ,and i might have been a little off the wall when I asked someone??, Who owned this forum and site. I'm quite sure they thought I was a loony! I was wanting to find a home that wasn't..just after your money and a spammer all the time. I was also tired of being put down because I didn't have the 40 footer diesel pusher that was bought thru there group. I am being nice with not being a name breaker. Because of this site, I have been able to find two other sites I am proud to be members of as well. We still have our "old Unit" and am proud of it, and here..No One has put us down!! That means All of us here on the Vintage site! We are grateful!! I for one thank all of you for this site! We have tried to make that thread a useful one. Will continue to try at it and like the rest make mistakes along the way.
I don't know how many members we actually have but in 8 years this has become a really great site!! Looking for many more,Dan
Old 06-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #56

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
My 25 years of RV history is not necessarily part of irv2 history but I have to say that, since joining this great forum, I have learned more about our travel lifestyle and recreational vehicles than in all the years that I was not a member. Just reading all the posts is a learning experience and asking a question or making a comment is when the fun really begins.

A big thank you to all!

Bob
Closed Thread