Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #71

I too have an original sticker. 1 on the back of the truck and one was on the back of the TT that died. While it may say I am a new comer I actually dropped out for a while. I was a member under Fire58p12. I don't remember when I joined but the help and information on this site helped a lot. Thanks a lot guys and keep going!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #72
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cknow69 View Post
I too have an original sticker. 1 on the back of the truck and one was on the back of the TT that died. While it may say I am a new comer I actually dropped out for a while. I was a member under Fire58p12. I don't remember when I joined but the help and information on this site helped a lot. Thanks a lot guys and keep going!
If you want to use your original name, I can probably help you with that.

if you use your old time your member since timeline would still be active and it will show how long you've been a member.

All I need is your eMail address, send it to me in a PM and we'll get you hooked up!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #73
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrylinda1 View Post
In 2003, iRV2 had a booth at the Tampa Supershow to get the word out about the web site, and to sign up new members.
macrylinda1, David George, Richard Hale and I setup a display at the Tampa Supershow. At that time we tried desperately to get a DSL connection but I believe that we wound up borrowing a port from the KVH Satellite folks next door and they allowed us to get on the web.

Dave was able to borrow a 20" computer monitor at the time a very heavy CRT. We set that up on a box so folks could get a glimpse of what iRV2 was all about. I setup the wiring for the technology and it seemed to working .. OK.

At this event I met Dirk Harrington (Route66) and a few other members however please forgive that I really don't remember any more. Richard Hale (Hitchhiker) was also there at the time.

If we could put the funding together, this is something that I would like to do again. Getting a crew to man the display for the 4 days of the show would be a good thing. There's a bunch of Cooters down there that would really do a good job I'm sure.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 08-05-2010, 07:28 PM   #74

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6x5er View Post
Same thing happened to me. When I re-registered, none of my previous posts were there.I was one of the original members and even attended the very first Texas Boomers rally at Sea Rim with 3 other families. I don't think any of the original first group became members of the 2nd or new official group. We never camped together again.

When I re-registered, none of my previous posts were there.

I do have the original sticker and do lurk on the Texas Boomers posts/threads...it seems like an active group!

6x5ver -

What a pleasant surprize to read through this thread and see your post! You are one of the "original" four who met at Sea Rim that first year - although I didn't know anyone other than Cathy Jo (from Beaumont) who organized that event! So I'm pleased to meet you!

The Texas Boomers today are a direct result of that first rally all those years ago! And that rally is mentioned in our Welcome Packet given to newbies to this day. It's a part of the Texas Boomers history and iRV2.com history as well.

Sometime after your rally at Sea Rim, Cathy Jo posted online info about the next rally to be held in October 2000 at Guadalupe RV Resort in Kerrville. Four newbies signed up - all of us new to irv2 and looking for a group in Texas to join. We all met at the appointed time and place, but alas no one else was there!

The four of us - Ken and Susan Wilson, Marc and Marsha Budge, Jim and Kitty Gardner and my hubby, Rusty, and I had a wonderful time and decided to host another rally in December (a Christmas rally) to get together again.

I contacted Cathy Jo immediately and she explained that she was returning to work and did not have the time or availability to continue hosting rallies. She gave me her blessing and told me to "run with it"!

The rest is history! We are celebrating our 10th Anniversary this Labor Day at Boerne, Texas with 76+ rigs attending! Obviously, it is a monumetal event for me as "Madame Boomer" and the Texas Boomers has become my heart and life over the past 10 years as we've seen it grow from 4 couples to over 125+ in our "member" list!

You said you've been lurking on the Texas Boomer forums! I invite you to come meet a great group of folks who have continued on in your footsteps! If you still live in Texas...there's definitely a rally or an area campout that surely is within driving distance!!!!

Sandy

sandycreekmore@texasboomers.net
www.texasboomers.org - you can read the Texas Boomers history that is handed to all newbies at our rallies - the "originals at Sea Rim" are honored there as founding the group!
National Rally Wagonmaster
Life is sweet when the TEXAS BOOMERS meet!
Old 09-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #75
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Some additional iRV2 history in addition to Scott's post #5, above.

3-16-2006; Bob Gregory (Rebelsbeach) becomes co-owner of iRV2 with founder Bill Rowell (Warpath).

9-11-2008; Bill and Bob announce the sale of iRV2 to Andy/Social Knowledge.

9-30-2008; iRV2 moved to Social Knowledge's server.

3-6-2009; Forum software changed from infopop to vBulletin.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:31 PM   #76
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
A partial forum page from May 2000. We were on Infopop software back then.

Click image for larger version

Name:	iRV2 May 2000.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	378.6 KB
ID:	138484

Old 09-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #77

I have been around IrV2 since early 2000, when Bill Rowland first started it. I have the original sticker. Still read the mail, stopped RVing due to death of Navigator but still lurk daily. My face name was and is Homer. I particularly remember Driver.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:30 AM   #78
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I can not remember how I found irv2 but I was having problems with my 2003 Workhorse chassis sucking water down the TUBA air intake for engine.
That coach a Newmar KSCA has three original irv2 stickers on it now traveling the mid-west and coast owned by a traveling RN to hospitals in those area's.
That was in 2004 and conversed with Driver moderator of the Workhorse forum, Oemy and others as to what was going on with my problem.
We resolved that problem and many others with the new WH chassis.
My wife liked to travel and we attended our first irv2 rally in Lancaster, PA. 2004 where we met Bill (Warpath) in fact he and his wife supplied lunch for us just after we pulled into CG.
We got a tour of his truck camper with one slide great RV.
Great impression left by Bill on my family group.
When they were looking for new moderators that fall I was asked by Bill to moderate the Newmar Forum and I have been there ever since.
I use to jump around the forums early on but now dedicated to the Newmar Forum most of the time.
Looking through this thread at all the older members names in 2000 we met some at the rallies and local Nor'Easter's for some good times.
We met Bob ( Rebelsbeach) and his famous LADP at a campground on the way to Tenn. rally, he had a problem with his Norcold fridge.
I can't claim to be a original 2000 member but maybe one of the oldest moderators on irv2.
A lot of changes have happened in those fourteen years coming up, including a dry spell from "007" in early 2016, I received many PM's from members for my return which I did around April or May and I am here to stay until there is no tomorrow.
I want to thank everyone I missed for the condolences, on my wife's passing, really meant a lot to me and the family.
Now back to enjoying irv2 and safe travels everyone.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
Old 10-11-2017, 08:03 PM   #79
Administrator Emeritus

"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was."

Been a while since I've read this topic, it was fun going back and remembering the memories...

Safe travels,

Bob
Old 09-09-2018, 02:47 PM   #80

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
I have enjoyed this site for many years, watching it evolve and yet still retain it's original charm.
I was a Moderstor here a long time ago, most often hanging out in the Toyhauler threads.
I talked a lot to some of the originals back then, and I had a graphics business from which I made and donated a lot of outdoor banners for both iRV2 itself and some of the more regional iRV2 groups here.
I value all those years and the relationships I made.
Mike
Old 11-09-2018, 01:24 PM   #81

Send a message via Yahoo to lformby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Some additional iRV2 history in addition to Scott's post #5, above.

3-16-2006; Bob Gregory (Rebelsbeach) becomes co-owner of iRV2 with founder Bill Rowell (Warpath).

9-11-2008; Bill and Bob announce the sale of iRV2 to Andy/Social Knowledge.

9-30-2008; iRV2 moved to Social Knowledge's server.

3-6-2009; Forum software changed from infopop to vBulletin.
Good to know, all these changes to the site.[moderator edit]
Old 07-06-2020, 08:33 PM   #82
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
7 and a half years ago we were trumpeting the fact that 4,000 members had signed aboard.

We are currently closing on 40,000. 10-5-2009

See if you can locate the contest to guess the date and time we will actually register the 40,000th member.
As of today July 6, 2020 we have 262,724 members.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
Closed Thread