Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > New Member Check-In
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-14-2010, 06:48 AM   #1
is this the right place to ask (English Newbie)

Hi All its almost a week now Ive owner my Gulfstream BT Cruiser 5291 06 over here in England.

Im living in the garden for a week to see what I need in the rig and what I dont. The plan is when I stop fetching from the house, then Im good to go.
I have "shore power" ( see how fast Im learning american )

I have a couple of problems so please redirect me to the best place to ask as I havent figured the site out yet.

In case this is the place...
Firstly this is a brand new rig, the previous owner didnt use it or any appliance. Its been converted to run on lpg and also 240v but also an inverter to ensure the 110 american appliances still work.

The leisure battery just is not charging however from the shore power or from the 100 mile drive I made in it collecting it.
It has to be one of 3 things in my mind, correct me if Im wrong or you have suggestions...im all ears.
1 the battery is dead and refuses to be recharged.
2 there is a sneaky switch somewhere that is in the wrong setting so the shore power cant get to the leisure battery to recharge it.
3 Im a dumbass and you are all in hysterics because the answer is so simple and I havent figured it out yet. (Im hoping this is the reason before I have to go buy a new battery and you will solve my problem)

Lastly if I do have to buy a new battery can you recommend which type as there appears to be a housing under the rig big enough for only one leisure battery.

harryoxford2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
After reading this when I mentioned the space for a battery my words suggest there is not one there....incorrect...my poor description, there is a battery there but not room for a second. However the clearance above the battery is several inches so I could put a bigger taller battery which has more amp/hours. Ive looked at dozens of battery sites and its confusing. Gel batteries, marine batteries,deep cycle batteries...as if Id ever use a battery that big when cycling in alabama..doh.

Just so you know the level of intelligence you are dealing with, Im the person who, (when fiddling about with all the gadgets instead of reading the instruction), opened a big valve under the rig that said black tank on it....wow did that spill out over the yard in a hurry...I read the instructions..realised what I had done and thanked the lord this rig had never been previously EEEWWWSSSed.

harryoxford2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club

I believe you have found the friendliest site on the Internet. To answer your question where to post questions you have, I would recommend starting at the Gulf Stream Owner's Forum HERE and go from there. We have a great group here who like to help when they can so don't be afraid to ask questions. Post often and share your new RV adventures with us.

Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote